If you’re migrating from Thunderbird to Outlook, one of the most critical tasks is importing your existing emails. In this guide, we will show you the best process to Import mail from Thunderbird to Outlook profile.
Thunderbird and Outlook are two of the most popular email client applications. Both these applications offer powerful features for a performing seamless emailing job.
While using Thunderbird, several times users need to switch to Outlook email client. Switching from one email client to another is a common task that users perform multiple times. This job users want to do because of the need for better features, compatibility, or a change in their professional environment.
Users want to do this Thunderbird to Outlook migration job while preserving their previous email profile data. As a result, users want to Import mail from Thunderbird to Outlook profile.
Why Migrate from Thunderbird to Outlook?
Users may decide to switch from Thunderbird to Outlook for several reasons, like: –
- Business Compatibility: Outlook is widely used in corporate environments, making it easier to collaborate and share information with colleagues, but Thunderbird doesn’t have this ability.
- User-Friendly Interface: Many users find Outlook’s interface more intuitive and user-friendly than Thunderbird.
Best Solution to Import Thunderbird Emails to Outlook
The migration process could be challenging for people who are not familiar with email clients or how they work. The best method that help every user in this situation could be to use a third-party tool. A reliable and secure option that is available is eSoftTools Thunderbird to Outlook Converter software.
This is the top-recommended tool by IT professionals that helps in moving emails from Mozilla Thunderbird to Outlook email clients by exporting emails to PST files. You may convert Thunderbird emails to PST and several file formats, including- Outlook MSG, HTML, EML, EMLX, Office365, Gmail, Yahoo, and others by using this single tool.
How to Import mail from Thunderbird to Outlook profile?
Users can easily migrate emails from Thunderbird to Outlook profile by following the 2 steps given below: –
Step 1) Import Thunderbird emails to Outlook PST
- Download Thunderbird to Outlook Converter software for Windows.
- Install and open it on your computer and click the Add File/Folder button.
- Choose a file-adding mode from the options: –
- Select MBOX file: – Add a Thunderbird MBOX/MSF file manually.
- Select MBOX folder: – Add a folder having Thunderbird mail files at once.
- Auto-Load Thunderbird profile: – In a single click load all Thunderbird profile emails, from its default storage location.
- Add Thunderbird mail files with the chosen option and press the Next button.
- Load all emails from selected Thunderbird files/folders and preview all emails.
- Choose the required folders and press the Convert MBOX button from the menu bar.
- Select a conversion option for Thunderbird email to PST file conversion: –
- Single PST (For all mailboxes): – save all mail folders from different Thunderbird mail files in a single PST file.
- Separate PST file for each mailbox: – create a separate PST file for saving emails from each Thunderbird folder separately.
- Choose a location for saving resultant files and apply the mail filtering option.
- Lastly, hit the Convert button and export Thunderbird emails to Outlook PST files.
Note: – In addition to PST files, by using this software users can also convert Thunderbird emails to MSG files for importing Thunderbird email to Outlook.
Step 2) Import PST files to MS Outlook email client
After transferring emails from Thunderbird profile to PST files, import resultant PST files to MS Outlook with these steps: –
- Launch Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
- Click on the “File” tab in the top-left corner of the Outlook window.
- select “Open & Export“, and then click on the “Import/Export” button.
- A new Import and Export Wizard window will now open.
- Choose “Import from another program or file” and then click “Next.”
- Select “Outlook Data File (.pst)” and click the “Next” button.
- Click the “Browse” button and navigate to the location of your PST file (created with Thunderbird to Outlook converter).
- Choose the folder from the PST file that you want to import and click on OK.
- Now select the folder in which you want to import the data and click on Next.
- Click the “Finish” button to start the process of importing PST to Outlook.
Once the import is complete, you’ll receive a confirmation message. Click “Finish” to close the wizard.
Switching from Thunderbird to Outlook may seem like a difficult task, but it can be accomplished with proper planning and the appropriate tools. You may successfully import your Thunderbird mail to your Outlook profile by following the instructions provided in this article.