Assume, you have an email profile configured in outlook and you have a PST file containing the emails you requested. Now you want to import the emails from PST files into your email account. But, you have no idea “how to open or import a PST file into Outlook”. So, In this post, we’ll go over how to open and import a PST file into Microsoft Outlook.
A majority of today’s professionals use Microsoft Outlook for making emailing tasks. Microsoft Outlook saves emails, contacts, appointments, etc to a personal storage folder (PST file) on your hard drive by default. These PST files store all of the important information from a mailbox in one location. MS Outlook comes in a variety of versions, each with its own set of PST files. To move from one version of Outlook to another, you must import this PST data.
How to Open/Import PST file in Outlook 2010/2013/2016/2019?
Method 1:- Open Outlook Data file
In just a few easy steps, you can open PST files in MS Outlook 2010,2013, 2016, 2019.
- In Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013, and 2016, From the menu, select File > Open & Export > Open Outlook Data File.
- Choose the.pst file that you want to open. After you’ve found the PST file, click OK.
- After this, a new folder with the name Outlook Data File will appear in the folder pane of Outlook.
Method 2:- Import PST file in Outlook using Import/Export wizard
The Import and Export Wizard is a built-in feature in Outlook. Also the most convenient way for users to import PST into Outlook is to use the import wizard. It imports all of data from a PST file into Outlook.
- Start the Microsoft Outlook 2010/2013/2016/2019 program. Click on the File tab, select the Open & Export option. Now select the Import/Export option.
- Choose Import from another program or file option from the Import and Export wizard. Press the Next button.
- Pick Outlook Data File (.pst) as the file type in the Import a file wizard. Click on the Next button.
- Click on Browse in the Import Outlook Data File wizard to specify the location of the PST file to be imported. Then press the Next button.
- Select the folders and press the Finish button to start the import process. (Select the Include subfolders check box and click Finish if you don’t want to include subfolders).
The data from PST file has been successfully transferred to Outlook 2010/2013/2016 or other versions. As a result, the job is finished.
Method 3:- Add Data Files from Account settings
Follow these steps to add a PST file using this method:
- Open Microsoft Outlook, go to the “File” tab and click the “Account Settings” button.
- Select “Account Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Select the “Data Files” tab from the new dialogue box and press the “Add” button.
- Browse to the location and select the PST file you want to open and import in Outlook and click on OK.
- After you’ve added the PST file, you will see all its contents in MS Outlook.
Alternative method to Open PST file without Outlook.
If you don’t have MS Outlook but still need to open a PST file, an automated solution is your best option. You can open and display the data of a PST file even if you don’t have MS Outlook by using a trusted third-party tool like- eSoftTools Outlook Recovery tool. It will help you save both time and effort. You still don’t have to buy Microsoft Outlook.