Want to get knowledge regarding Thunderbird address book and its migration to Outlook? Then read this blog post for knowing the answer. Through this article, we will provide complete information on How to Transfer Address Book to Outlook?
Mozilla Thunderbird is an open-source email client that helps users in performing emailing jobs. It has offered a variety of smart features to users free of cost. It also helps users in calendar event & contact managing and doing several more types of work free of cost.
This is a free email client and provides functions that are really amazing. But at a time, its users get prefers to switch to a more advanced application like- MS Outlook. Also, they prefer moving their complete email profile data permanently to Outlook.
Several methods are available to move email profile data from Thunderbird to Outlook. But there is a very small number of users who know the process of moving contacts from Thunderbird.
So, through this blog, we are going to cover the topic “How to Transfer Thunderbird Address Book to Outlook?”. Check the answer by reading the next sections of this article.
Also Read: – How to Export Calendar from Thunderbird to Outlook?
Thunderbird Address Book File and Storage Location
Before moving to the process of contact migration, first users have to know the location and file type that Thunderbird uses for saving contacts of users’ profiles.
Similar to storing emails locally, Thunderbird stores users’ profile contacts to their local drive. For saving contacts Thunderbird users different file types and save them to storage location: –
C:\Users\<Windows user name>\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\<Profile name>\
The older editions of Thunderbird support saving users’ contacts in files-
- abook. mab: – Personal Address Book
- history.mab: – Collected Addresses
But now, the newer edition Thunderbird uses files with .sqlite extensions, like: –
- abook.sqlite – Personal Address Book
- history.sqlite – Collected Addresses
All contacts Thunderbird in these file types, and the export process is possible through these files.
How to Export Thunderbird Address Book to Outlook?
The process to export Thunderbird contacts to Outlook, users can accomplish by following these two below-mentioned steps: –
Step 1: – Export Thunderbird Address Book/ Contacts to CSV
- Start the Mozilla Thunderbird email application.
- Press hit on Tools from the top menu and select the Address Book option.
- From the next screen again click on Tools and select the Export option.
- Select the file type as “CSV” and input the file name to the resultant files.
- Lastly, click on Save and get your thunderbird contacts in CSV files.
Step 2: – Import CSV file in Outlook Profile with MS Outlook
- Open MS Outlook on your windows-based machine.
- After opening Outlook Press the “File” button from the menu bar.
- Next, select the “Open & Export” >> “Import Export” option.
- Choose the “Import from another program or file” option & click on Next.
- Select the file to import from “Comma Separated Values”, then press the Next button.
- Select the Thunderbird Address book CSV file and Hit on Next.
- Choose the folder for saving contacts of Thunderbird’s CSV file.
- Lastly, press the Next button and start importing all Thunderbird contacts to Outlook.
In this manner, users can import, and easily transfer thunderbird address book to Outlook.
Note: – If users are facing trouble while importing contacts from CSV, they also can convert CSV file to Outlook PST files and by applying the same process they can smartly move their contact.
To move Thunderbird Profile Address Book to Outlook, there are several users who searching for a reliable solution on the internet. Through this write-up, we have provided all the information that users need. Now to do this job with ease and security follow the method discussed above and move Thunderbird contacts in the Outlook profile.