- Why extract email addresses from Thunderbird emails?
- Methods to Extract Email Addresses from Thunderbird Emails
Several users are trying to extract email addresses from emails of Thunderbird profiles. For helping those users, we have written this article. In this blog, we will explore the step-by-step process of extracting email addresses from Thunderbird profile emails.
Email is one of the ways of communicating and sharing information digitally. Both individuals as well as organizations prefer sharing their messages and data via email. Users prefer using different mail apps for emailing, and Mozilla Thunderbird is one of them.
Thunderbird, a popular email client, offers smart features which make the email managing process more efficient. Like other desktop-based mail apps, Thunderbird also offers users to save their email profile data locally.
In the user’s drive, Thunderbird preserves a copy of each user’s profile email. It helps users in accessing emails locally without the internet and creating a backup.
Also Read: – How to Extract All Attachments from Thunderbird Emails?
Why extract email addresses from Thunderbird emails?
Here are some reasons why someone might want to extract email addresses from Thunderbird emails:
- Contact Management: Extraction of email addresses allows you to create and maintain a contact list. By collecting email addresses from your Thunder profile emails, you can easily create or update contacts in your address book.
- Data Migration: Email address extraction from Thunderbird emails helps users easily migrate their contacts to the new system or email clients.
- Security and Privacy: In some cases, users might need to extract email addresses for security purposes. It helps in auditing spam emails to reduce the risk of security breaches.
Methods to Extract Email Addresses from Thunderbird Emails
There are various methods to extract email addresses from the Thunderbird profile mail folders. Here are two common techniques: –
Manual Method: – Extract Email Address with Text Editor
- Visit to Thunderbird profile local mail folder directory/location: –
C:\Documents and Settings\(Windows User name)\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\
- Open local mail folders and select the mail file and open with a text editor.
- Press the “Ctrl + F” button from your keyboard to open the search function.
- Type “@“, and the search function will highlight all email addresses that are available in the file.
- Now copy these email addresses and paste them into a separate document.
After extracting these email addresses, you may notice some duplicates of email addresses. Remove duplicates of email addresses and sort the addresses according to your requirements.
Note: – For cleaning and organizing these extracted email addresses users can use spreadsheet software like- MS Excel or Google Sheets.
Limitation of Manual Method
- Users have to follow numerous steps which makes it a time taking process.
- Users face the issue of duplicate email addresses.
- Email address users can extract from a single mail file at a time.
- A single mistake can make the mail file inaccessible in Thunderbird.
- It is a difficult method for using by non-technical persons
Automatic Thunderbird Email Address Extractor Software
Alternatively, you can use specialized email address extractor software that can scan Thunderbird mail files and extract all email addresses automatically. Many third-party tools are available online and the best in all of them is eSoftTools Thunderbird Email Address Extractor software.
This tool enables users to extract email addresses from Thunder profile emails with fewer efforts. In addition, it offers additional features like- filtering email address fields, filtering duplicates, and saving the extracted emails address in different file formats.
How to use eSoftTools Thunderbird Email Address Extractor software?
- Download, Install, and open the Email Address Extractor tool on a Windows PC.
- Press the Add File/Folder button and then choose the file selection option: –
- Select MBOX file: – add a single MBOX/MSF file containing Thunderbird email.
- Select MBOX Folder: – select folders having Thunderbird mail files manually.
- Auto-Load Thunderbird profile: – automatically select Thunderbird’s default storage location and add all mail files/folders in a single click.
- Load Thunderbird mail files/folders into the software and click on Next.
- Get the preview of Thunderbird profile emails and make a selection of folders.
- Choose the needed TB mail folders and press the Extract Email Address button.
- Select an email address filed from the options- ALL, TO, BCC, CC, and From.
- Use the Mail filtering function and choose the start and end dates of emails.
- Specify a location to preserve the resultant file having extracted email addresses.
- Press the Convert button and start email address extraction from the MBOX file’s emails.
Benefits of using eSoftTools Thunderbird Email Address Extractor Tool –
- Instant Extraction: – Rapidly extract email addresses from Thunderbird mail files with a simple process. In simple clicks, extract all email addresses from TB mail files.
- Extract Attachments: – In addition to email addresses, export attachments from Thunderbird emails. Extract all attachments or specific type attachments from selected TB mail files.
- Extraction in batch mode: – easily get the email addresses from different Thunderbird mail files at one time. Add multiple files and perform extraction from all selected files at one time.
- No Duplicate Email Address issues: – Software automatically filters the duplicate email addresses and removes them from resultant files.
- Access software with ease: – Both new to highly technical can operate this software with ease. It has a GUI that is clean and easily operable by all types of people.
- Email Address extract of specific filed: – Users can filter the email address fields to extract email addresses from only specified fields of Thunderbird emails. (TO, BCC, CC, From, and all)
- Extract from emails of chosen dates: – With the mail filter option users can specify email dates. Easily select a start and end date and extract email addresses from emails of only specified dates.
- No other application requirement: – Email address or attachment extract from Thunderbird email files without requirement of Thunderbird or any additional application.
Extracting email addresses from Thunderbird profile emails helps users in organizing contacts, creating mailing lists, and performing different tasks. By following the step-by-step process outlined in this blog, you can efficiently extract email addresses from your Thunderbird profile emails.
Users can use any one of the manual methods or automated tools. For best results, users have to go with the automatic tool “eSoftTools Thunderbird Email Address extractor software”. Try it now demo edition and check all its functions free of cost.