Last updated on December 23rd, 2021 at 12:55 pm
There is a feature in Lotus Notes that allows you to create and manage mail rules to manage your emails. Users create a rule in Lotus Notes to manage incoming messages. It might be necessary to limit certain messages at times; you can do this by putting some restrictions on them. Here we have described all of the methods by which you can create mail rules, as well as edit and delete a rule.
How to Create Rules in IBM Lotus Notes 9?
In Lotus Notes, a user can create a Rule using this simple method. Let’s take a look at the process steps without wasting any time.
- Start IBM Lotus Notes and open your mailbox.
- Now, from the left pane of the window, Expand the Tools menu then choose Rules, and select New Rule from the right panel.
- A window for creating a new rule will appear. You may make a Rule by putting conditions in place. There are three fields or drop-down menus to choose from. There are numerous options for setting up the condition in the first sector.
- For comparison purposes, you can choose one of the choices in the second sector. All of the fields are interconnected, and you must choose wisely.
- Type your name, email address, topic, and other information in the third field according to the first field you selected in the previous measures.
- To add conditions to the Lotus Notes mail rules, click the Add button.
- In the Specify Actions Section area, select an option from the drop-down list that meets your needs.
- Press the select button and choose a location to save the file.
- To add an action to the conditions mail rules in Lotus Notes, click the Add Action tab.
- After you’ve added all of the conditions and acts to the Lotus Notes Rule, you’re ready to go. Select the OK button.
- A new rule is created. You can see it by going to the left panel of the browser and clicking on Rules.
Also read:- Migrate from Lotus Notes to Outlook
How to Edit Rules in Lotus Notes?
You can Edit the condition of the Rule, as well as delete the rule. You can even add an exception to the Rule. Let’s see how to do it?
- Click on Tool and select the rule option.
- From the pre-created Rule list, select one of the Rules and press Edit.
- Choose one of the AND & OR options.
- Now, to edit a Rule, repeat the above given steps outlined in the Create a Rule section.
- After this, you can modify an existing Rule by adding an exception.
- To add an exception, click on Exception and repeat the process mentioned in Create a Rule section.
How to Enable/Disable or Delete a Rule in IBM Lotus Notes?
One more functionality available in the most recent version of Lotus Notes is the ability to allow, disable, or uninstall an existing Rule with a single click. Let’s take a look at the procedure.
- Open Lotus Notes and pick Mail option from the first screen.
- Select the Rule option from the Tools menu.
- From the list of current Rules, pick any Rule and press Disable to disable it.
- To activate an existing disabled Rule, press the Enable button after selecting the Rule.
- Users can also delete the mail Rule. Right-click the rule and select Delete from the menu. A dialogue box will appear. Then press the Yes button.
Lotus Notes Rules make it much easier for a user to handle a specific person’s or organization’s email. We’ve covered all of the methods for creating and managing mail rules, as well as how to edit, enable, disable, or delete a rule in a simple manner. If you are want to move to another email client like Outlook then try this eSoftools Lotus Notes Converter Software.