Inception of Blog
Are you looking for a way to Import Lotus Notes NSF files to Outlook? Keep reading this blog, I will be telling you an easy solution to achieve the importing process successfully. You can easily perform the Importing task with the assistance of the best NSF to PST Converter Software that is available on online platforms or through the Manual Method in IBM Lotus Notes itself. For a complete guide on how to import NSF files to Outlook, you will have to read this blog till the end. In this blog, we will be discussing the problem and the solution as well as the features provided by the converter tool to users.
What are Lotus Notes NSF files?
NSF is known as an email Storage Facility and it is a file extension used by Lotus Notes to store mailbox Items. that involves email message, notes, to-do lists, contacts, calendar, and other stuff. Although there are a variety of services and functionality that IBM Lotus Notes provide users. But, The best functionality of the NSF file is that it can be encrypted in many ways such as Filed Encryption, Port Encryption, Document Encryption, Database Encryption, and Mail Encryption.
Now we are going to see a couple of factors that compel users to import Lotus Notes NSF files to Outlook. The factors often be diversified for each person, there is not only one factor on which based, users need to import Lotus Notes NSF files to Outlook.
- Users frequently need to open NSF files on another computer that has Microsoft Outlook.
- When users are shifting their primary email client from IBM Lotus Notes to Microsoft Outlook.
- Users want such email clients that should have an easy understanding of Graphical User Interface(GUI). That would easy to operate and manage the emails.
- Users can configure more than one account at a single time in Outlook.
- Outlook has more features to easily manage emails and other items.
- IBM Lotus Notes is more expensive than Microsoft Outlook, contrary Outook is a budget-friendly email client.
Tactics for Importing NSF Files to Outlook
There are two tactics for importing Lotus Notes NSF files to Outlook which are described below-
- Manual Method to Import Lotus Notes NSF files to Outlook and
- Use automated software to Import Notes to Outlook
Both are the best Methods of importing NSF files to Outlook. Users can choose anyone from these two options. But, before conducting the Manual Method.
I know users definitely use the Manual way because this Method can be performed without spending a single penny. This method is totally free of cost. This can be done in Lotus Notes itself, but you need to know the fact that this method takes a longer process and the user must know about these steps. A single mistake can break the NSF file and there is a risk of database corruption. So the Manual Method is safe for those who know everything about Lotus Notes. A single mistake can lose the data of the NSF file during the exporting process and ruin the structure of the NSF file after the exporting process is done.
Do not attempt this manual procedure, If you have multiple Lotus Notes NSF files that need to be converted into Outlook. For this situation, we always recommend going with an expert software solution and completing the migration process without losing any single data.
Steps for Manual Method
- First, open the Lotus Notes application and open the NSF file that you need to open in Outlook.
- Tap on the file menu and click on the Export option.
- Select the CSV(comma-separated value).
- After that, you will see the dialog box to choose the file and browse the location to save the converted file
- Select your file type from the save as drop-down menu.
- Click on the Export dialog box make sure to choose any option as per your requirement and press the OK tab.
After the exporting NSF file to CSV file format, Users can easily import the CSV file format to Microsoft Outlook.
Use an Automated Software to Import Notes to Outlook:
eSoftTools NSF to PST Converter Software is one of the best-automated software which was chosen by lots of Notes Administrators. This software archives multiple awards in the past years for performing the best and most accurate migration from Notes to Outlook.
This software can convert unlimited Lotus Notes NSF files into PST file format safely without losing any data and ruining the original structure of the NSF file after the conversion process. While and after using the software, the original NSF file is intact with the original structure and emails.
This software has inbuilt more than unique features such as-
- Include and Exclude the folder “ALL” in scanning,
- Allowing to convert only contacts into multiple formats,
- Allowing to convert only calendar items into multiple formats.
- Convert emails from any given date range
- Allowing naming conventions for email messages and lots of unique features.
Features of NSF to PST Converter Software
- Batch NSF file conversion: NSF to PST Converter Software has the feature of Batch NSF conversion that allows users to select the folder having NSF files and convert them at once.
- Export Emails with Attachments: Through the software, no single emails are altered during conversion. All the email message’s originality is preserved in the desired conversion file. The software safely converts emails as well as their attachments in good formatting and structure.
- Live Preview of NSF Items: The software has a smart preview panel where users can easily view the email message preview as well as check the preview of contacts, calendars, notes, tasks, and other items by clicking on the respective folder.
- Folder Structure will be Intact: The Software does not change the folder structure of the NSF file after the conversion process. While using the software, you will get the same folder hierarchy as you have in your NSF file.
- Conversion into Multifarious File Formats: This tool not only offers conversion into a PST file for exporting, but it also offers lots of conversion options like EML, MSG, HTML, MSG, Thunderbird, MBOX, vCard, CSV, ICS, etc.
- Naming Convention: Naming convention features are very useful for those who convert NSF files into EML, MSG, EMLX, HTML, and MHT file formats. The software gives more than 8+ different naming convention options for users to choose and name the output files.
- Splitting Option: This is an amazing feature that enables users to reduce the big size file in divisions, simply users can split the PST file into multiple divisions between 1GB to 10 GB.
- Email filtration through date: Using this feature, users can instruct the software to export only email messages that are available in the given date range. For this feature, the user must provide the FROM date and TO date.
- Cloud-based Conversion Option: This is another feature of the software where Users can import the NSF file into Cloud-based and IMAP-based Applications like Office 365 Cloud, Gmail, G-Suite, YahooMail, Outlook.com, Gmail, Hostgator, Godaddymail, Hotmonster, roundcube, SquirrelMail, & more.
- Supports all versions of NSF files: This Software supports all types of NSF files of both Domino and IBM/HCL including 10.0.1, 9.0.1, 9.0, 8.5, 8.0.2, 7.0, 6.5, 6.0 & other editions.
- Demo version: eSoftTools also offers a free demo version of the software in which users can convert 25 Items of each folder of the NSF file.
How to Use eSoftTools NSF to PST Converter – An Automated Software
- Download NSF to PST Converter Software from the eSoftTools website.
- Open the software and click on the Select NSF button from the toolbar.
- Choose the appropriate button from “Single file conversion” (which is best for a single NSF file) or “Bulk file conversion” (this one is suitable for multiple NSF file scanning at a time).
- Click on the “Start” button to start the scanning process.
- Preview the Mail folders from the added Lotus Notes NSF file. You can select desired folders from the Mail folder preview Panel for importing into PST file format.
- Click on the “Convert” button to move on to the conversion wizard where you need to choose the export options from the given multiple options. For Outlook choose the option “PST file” and also choose the splitting option if you want to split the PST file into multiple smaller files.
- Provide the location where you want to save the resultant PST file on your computer and click the “Convert” button.
Now, you need to wait for some time to complete the conversion process by the software. Once, the software finishes the conversion, a confirmation dialog will open in front of your computer.
Steps to Import PST file into Outlook:
Once, you get the converted PST file, you can import the PST file into MS Outlook by using the below steps-
- The first step is to open the MS Outlook
- Click on the menu “File” >> “Open & Export”
- Click on the option “Open Outlook Data File”
- Now, choose the converted PST file (The PST file that you are getting from the NSF to PST Converter Software)
The PST file is now automatically added to your Outlook and you can view all the email messages including contacts, calendar, notes, tasks, etc.
In this article, I have provided complete guidance to users on how they can import Lotus Notes NSF files to Outlook. For the sake of completing this task, I have described the two ways first Manually, and second professional Method with the assistance of NSF to PST Converter Software established by eSoftTools. The Second Method i.e. NSF to PST Converter Software is a more effective and secure Method in order to complete the Importing procedure. I hope you liked this article.