- Error code 4005 in Lotus Notes: An Overview
- Causes of Lotus Notes Error 4005
- Manually Resolve Lotus Notes Error 4005: Access to Data Denied
Last updated on January 17th, 2024 at 01:32 pm
IBM Lotus Notes is a popular email client that makes it simple to provide services such as emailing, scheduling, calendaring, etc. It generates an NSF file containing all data items such as emails, contacts, and so on. If there is any harm to the NSF file, it will cause errors. “Access to data denied” error with code 4005, is one such error that users face in Lotus Notes. In this blog, we will discuss some of the potential causes of this error and its solutions.
Error code 4005 in Lotus Notes: An Overview
The most common error in Lotus Notes is “Error 4005 access to Data Denied“. Users sometimes run into this problem when working in Lotus Notes, and the error causes them to stop working. When users try to create a new memo or open a mail file, they get Error 4005.
The following are the situations in which this error occurs: –
- When users attempt to create a single file in the data directory, they receive the following error message:
- As users attempt to open emails, they receive the following error:
- This happens most often when a user tries to create a Memo.
Causes of Lotus Notes Error 4005
The following are some of the reasons why a user gets the above error:-
- Virus-infected email
- Limited amount of storage space
- Using an Out-Dated Operating System
- Insufficient administrative permission
- If the Signature Preference is set to Image or HTML file.
Manually Resolve Lotus Notes Error 4005: Access to Data Denied
The steps below will assist you in resolving IBM Notes error code 4005. Take a look at this:
Method 1:- Set the “Location for Storing ID” to a location where the administrator has file-creation permissions.
- Go to the People & Groups tab after logging in as a Lotus Domino Administrator.
- Under the Servers pane, choose a server to work from.
- Select the Domino Directory and then go to the People option.
- Navigate to People in the Tools panel, then to the Register option.
- Click on ID INFO tab in the left panel and select the file option from the Location for storing user ID. Users can adjust the location of the user ID file in this way.
Method 2:- Increase disc space and clear the free space on your hard drive using the steps below.
- Navigate to Manage Storage Disk Management by right-clicking on the My Computer icon.
- To free up space on the hard drive, right-click on the disc drive you want to expand and select Shrink Volume from the menu.
- To extend the space on the disc, select the disc to be extended, right-click it, and select the “Extend Volume” option.
Some other methods to resolve this Lotus Notes Error 4005: –
- Use virus removal software to fix the issue.
- Check the installed operating system’s compatibility with the Lotus Notes application.
- If the signature appears as images or in HTML format, change it to simple text.
- If the issue persists, delete the temporary data from this location: C:\Users\x.x\AppData\Local\Temp
Best Solution to Fix Lotus Notes “Access to data denied” Error
Error 4005 can cause Lotus Notes NSF files to become corrupted. Manual procedures are time-consuming and complex. It is recommended to use an automated NSF file Recovery/Converter tool to save your valuable data and time. Users can fix all Lotus Notes errors and move from Lotus Notes to Outlook using this eSoftTools NSF to PST Converter tool. The Outlook email program is more user-friendly and has a straightforward interface. This migration can be carried out with the aid of this method without any problem.
We talked about the different causes of Lotus Notes Error 4005 ‘Access to Data Denied‘ or ‘Cannot Create File or Memo‘ in this post. Apart from the reasons, we have discussed different methods for resolving Error 4005. I’m hoping that after looking through all of your options, you’ll be able to solve this problem.