PDF files are an excellent way to share details. When sharing, these files preserve file structure and data integrity. However, the password protection of these documents can make it difficult for people to deal with them. The password or restrictions prevents the user from accessing the entire file. As a result, people are looking for an answer to the question “How to Remove Password Protection from PDF files”. Now, in order to answer the user’s query, we’ve described the solutions in this article that can quickly and easily unlock PDF files.
Methods to Remove password from PDF file
- Remove PDF Password using Chrome
- Unlock PDF file using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
- Instant solution to unprotect Adobe PDF file
Method 1:- How to Remove Password Protection from PDF using Google Chrome?
- Drag your password-protected PDF file into your Google Chrome browser.
- Google Chrome will now ask you to enter the file’s password. To open the PDF file, type the password and press Enter.
- Now select Print option from the File menu in Google Chrome or click Ctrl+P on your Windows machine. Select “Save as PDF” and the location to save the unprotected file and press the Save button.
Method 2:- How to Remove Password Protection from PDF using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC?
If you just have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you won’t be able to use this option to unlock your PDF. To complete the operation, you’ll need the full version of Adobe Acrobat Pro. You can remove protection in Acrobat DC by following these steps:-
- Open Adobe Acrobat Pro on your computer.
- Click on the File option from the top-left corner on your screen. A drop-down menu appears when you click it.
- Hit the Open option, select the PDF file from the next opened windows and click on Open. This will open the PDF file in Adobe Acrobat.
- Entering the password and select OK.
- Select the lock icon from the left side of your screen.
- Clik on Permission Details. This will open the Document properties >> Security Settings tab.
- Choose No Security as your security level from the Security Methods drop-down list.
- Enter the password for the PDF, then press OK twice. Your PDF would no longer be password-protected.
Method 3:- Easiest Way to Unprotect PDF Document
If you think the above methods to be too complicated and time-consuming, you can opt for the professional solution, eSoftTools PDF Password Remover Tool. This program allows you to remove any restrictions from a PDF file without affecting its original data. It opens PDF documents that are password-protected by the User’s and Owner’s password. To use this tool, the Adobe Acrobat application does not need to be installed on your computer.
Steps to Unprotect a Protected PDF Document with eSoftTools PDF Unlocker
To unsecure a PDF without a password, follow these basic steps:-
- Download and run this software to unprotect Adobe PDF files.
- Select the Browse button to add PDF file.
- Press the Destination button to change the destination location.
- Now click the Remove Password and Restriction button.
- After this enter your PDF file password and press OK button.
- Now the message “Unlocking successfully” will appears.
We have discussed various solutions in this article that will show you how to Unprotect a PDF file. Along with this, we learn how to use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to display PDF security. We’ve also discussed manual and automated solutions. To unprotect a protected PDF document, users can use any of these methods.