Last updated on October 12th, 2022 at 07:52 pm
If you need to import a large number of contacts from an Excel spreadsheet into Gmail Google Contacts. If that’s the case, you’ll need to convert your Excel contacts to vCard or CSV format first. It is because Gmail has no option to directly import Excel XLS / XLSX files. So In today’s blog, we’ll go through the entire process of importing Excel contacts into Google Contacts (Gmail).
Excel is a well-known program for storing and managing different types of data information. The majority of users choose to store contacts in an Excel spreadsheet that includes information such as first and last names, phone numbers, email addresses, and more.
Nowadays all users are switching to cloud-based applications, and also prefers to preserve their important data like contacts in cloud application. Free cloud service for preserving contacts is Google Contacts.
Google contacts a web app is a safe place where users can store their contacts. By using Gmail, users can also conveniently import and share their contact via the Google Contacts app. synchronize. As a result, there are several users who want to import contacts from their local drive to Excel to their Gmail/Google contact accounts from Excel files.
Method to Import Excel Contacts into Google Contacts (Gmail)
Gmail does not support Excel XLS / XLSX files for importing contacts. The only compatible files for importing contacts in Google contacts are CSV and vCard files. This means if you have excel xlsx or xls files with contact to import in Google contacts, first you have to convert it into vCard file, then import the vCard file into your Gmail account.
Step 1:- Transfer Excel contacts to vCard VCF file.
Importing contacts into Google Gmail is possible using the vCard file format. The vCard is a standard-format electronic business card that stores contact information. You can conveniently import contacts from Excel to Gmail by converting Excel contacts to vCard files through eSoftTools Excel to vCard Converter. It will allow you to export Excel XLSX contacts to a vCard VCF file containing all contact information.
This tool makes it simple to migrate multiple contacts from Excel to VCF files without losing any data or information. It works for all versions of Excel and all Windows operating systems, including Windows 11.
How to Convert Excel into vCard VCF format using Excel to vCard Converter?
- Launch the Excel to vCard tool and select the Open Excel file or Browse Excel file button to load an Excel XLS/XLSX file.
- See the preview of Excel Contacts Data, and after this click on Next button.
- Map the Excel fields to vCard fields and click on Next.
- Now select separate vCard file or single vCard file from the conversion options section. Next hit on Browse to select the destination path to store resulted vCard file. After this hit on Next to start the conversion process.
- The program will show a confirmation message once the conversion is complete. Simply hit on Ok to close this screen
Now we have converted the Excel file with all contacts to vCard. Now you need to import this file in Gmail/Google Contacts.
Step 2:- Import vCard file to Google Contacts Gmail
- Open Gmail on your desktop and log in to your account.
- Hit on “Google Apps icon” and select “Contacts“.
- To import contacts from Excel to Gmail, choose the “Import” option.
- In the Import Contacts wizard click on the Select File button.
- Select the vCard file that we have created previously.
- Click the “Import” button after selecting the .vcf/vCard file.
It’s finished! This is how you can quickly and conveniently import contacts from Excel files to Google Contacts.
We’ve explained how to import contacts from Excel to a Gmail account through this article. Now quickly import Excel file contacts into Gmail account by using the above-given method. Also, try the demo edition of the Excel to vCard converter tool and try its all features free of cost.