If you need to import a large number of contacts from an Excel spreadsheet into Gmail Google Contacts. If that’s the case, you’ll need to convert your Excel contacts to vCard or CSV format first. It is because Gmail has no option to directly import Excel XLS / XLSX files. So In today’s blog, we’ll go through the entire process of importing Excel contacts into Google Contacts (Gmail).
Excel is a well-known program for storing and managing large amounts of data. The majority of users choose to store contacts in an Excel spreadsheet that includes information such as- first and last names, phone numbers, email addresses, and more.
Gmail, on the other hand, is a free email service that allows you to send and receive messages, save contacts and calendar events, chat, and more.
Nobody wants to lose their contacts in today’s modern world, so they make a backup of their contact items. Gmail is a safe place to store the contacts of users. By using Gmail, users can also conveniently synchronize their contacts between their phone and their computer. Because of these types of reasons, users need to import contacts from Excel to a Gmail account.
Method to Import Excel Contacts into Google Contacts (Gmail)
Gmail does not support Excel XLS / XLSX or CSV files, as previously stated. Means, you’ll need to save Excel contacts as a vCard file, then import the vCard file into your Gmail account. We’ll show you how to do it step by step in the next section:-
Step 1:- Transfer Excel contacts to vCard VCF file.
Importing contacts into Google Gmail is possible using the vCard file format. The vCard is a standard-format electronic business card that stores contact information. You can conveniently import contacts from Excel to Gmail by converting Excel contacts to vCard files. You can do this using eSoftTools Excel to vCard Converter. It will allow you to export Excel XLSX contacts to a vCard VCF file containing all contact information.
This tool makes it simple to migrate multiple contacts from Excel to VCF files without losing data or increasing file size. It works for all versions of Excel and all Windows operating systems, including Windows 10. You will get a lot of features if you download the tool.
How to Convert Excel file into vCard VCF format using Excel to vCard Converter
- Launch the Excel to vCard tool and select the Open Excel file or Browse Excel file button to load an Excel XLS/XLSX file.
- See the preview of Excel Contacts Data, and after this click on Next button.
- Map the Excel fields to vCard fields and click on Next.
- Now select separate vCard file or single vCard file from the conversion options section. Next hit on Browse to select the destination path to store resulted vCard file. After this hit of Next to start the conversion process.
- The program will show a confirmation message once the conversion is complete. Simply hit on Ok to close this screen
Now we have converter the Excel file with all contacts to vCard. Now you need to import this file in Gmail. in the section we will do this task.
Step 2:- Import CSV file to Google Contacts Gmail
- Go to your Gmail and log in to your account.
- Hit on “Google Apps icon” and select “Contacts“.
- To import contacts from Excel to Gmail, choose the “Import” option.
- In the Import Contacts wizard click on the Select File button. And select the vCard file that we have created previously.
- Click the “Import” button after selecting the .vcf/vCard file.
It’s finished! This is how you can quickly and conveniently save contacts from Excel to Google Contacts.
Contacts are crucial in today’s world. As a result, we’ve explained how to import contacts from Excel to a Gmail account. To import contacts into Gmail, simply export Excel contacts to vCard/VCF format. In this blog, we have mentioned the guide for how to import Excel contacts into Google Contacts via vCard vcf files in simple steps.