Are you one of those users trying to import Outlook contacts from OST files to the People app of Windows? But, after a lot of searching on the internet, still not able to find the best technique to do this task. If this is your case, then now you can stop the search because your answer is in this article. Here we show the method to smartly Import Contacts from OST to People App Windows 11.
MS Outlook is an email client that users use to perform common emailing tasks. Additionally, it also offers various other jobs like managing calendar events, journals, to-do lists, and contacts.
Whatever a user does when using MS Outlook, Outlook saves a local copy of it in a data file – OST, which acts as a backup of an email profile. A single OST file preserves all the emails, contacts, calendars, and other data items of a user’s Outlook profile.
Many users create contacts in MS Outlook and store them inside OST files. In some scenarios, Outlook users also need to transfer that contact data to different programs (like People app).
Also Read: – How to Extract Contacts From OST file for free?
Windows People App – Overview
By default, users with Windows 10/11 get an application called People app. It helps users organize and manage their contacts from email accounts from different email services like- Outlook.com, Google Gmail, Yahoo Mail and others. Users can access this app from the Windows Mail app or the Start menu. It enables viewing, organizing, and linking contacts securely and conveniently.
Reason to Import Outlook Contacts from OST file to People App
- Centralizing all contacts: – Users can import contacts from multiple programs to People to preserve all contacts in one place.
- Getting Contacts from Orphan files: – To access contacts from some orphan OST files available in Drive, users prefer to import them into the People app.
- User’s preferences & convenience: – For some users, the People app is much easier to use than MS Outlook. For this reason, they prefer to transfer their contacts from their OST files to the People app.
My friend has shared some important contacts with me, which are in Outlook OST files. But, on my computer, I use the People app to manage my contacts. I want to import all the contacts from these OST files inside the People app. I’ve searched a lot to do this, but I can’t find a way. Please provide a method to accomplish this task.
Solution to Import Outlook Contacts from OST to People App in Windows 11
It is not possible to import OST files directly into the People app, but a workaround is available. It requires users to export contacts from OST files to CSV files. After receiving the CSV file, users can safely import all the contacts from that CSV file into the People app.
Automated Solution to Convert OST with Contacts to CSV
Users should try a utility called eSoftTools OST Converter software to quickly convert OST to CSV files with contacts. It will enable users to export all the contacts from OST files to CSV files along with their related information.
Convert single and multiple OST files with contacts at one time. Convert all types of OST files including corrupt, inaccessible, encrypted as well as healthy. Moreover, get various other smart functions to complete the OST Contact to CSV conversion task safely.
Step 1: – Convert OST to CSV files with contacts
- Download and run eSoftTools OST to PST Converter Software (Windows).
- Hit on the Select OST button and then choose conversion mode: –
- Single File conversion: – Convert a single OST file with contacts.
- Bulk File conversion: – Multiple OST files convert in a single process.
- Choose mode of adding OST files and press the Next button.
- Add OST files for extracting contacts and click on the Start Scanning button.
- Load all mailbox data, choose needed contact folders, and click the Save OST button.
- Select the Export to CSV option and apply other relevant settings.
- Hit on Browse and choose a location for saving the resultant CSV files.
- Lastly, hit the Convert button and begin the contacts export process.
Complete the OST to CSV conversion with the software and get all your Outlook profile contacts in a new CSV file.
Step 2: – Import contacts from CSV into the People App
Import CSV files (containing contacts to Outlook profile) in the People app (Windows 11), by applying these given steps: –
- Open the Windows Mail app on your computer (having Windows 11).
- Navigate to the People Tab by clicking on the People icon/button.
- Click on “Manage Contacts” and then select “Import Contacts”.
- Hit on Browse and open the location where you have the CSV file.
- Select the CSV file (generated from OST Converter) and click on Open.
- Add CSV files, click on the Import button, and start importing contacts.
Note: – The solution to do this in Windows 10 and 8.1 is to perform the same procedure by logging into your Outlook.com account from your web browser.
Importing contacts from Outlook OST files to the People app in Windows is a requirement of many individuals. The reasons may differ, but the solution is the same as described in this article. Now take the help of this method and import Outlook OST contacts to People app in Windows 11 efficiently.