Outlook is a common platform for managing Contacts and Address Book information. If you switched from Outlook to Thunderbird Mail, you’ll also need to export Outlook contacts to Thunderbird as well. So, in this article, we will discuss how to import/Export Contacts from Outlook 2010 to Thunderbird email clients in a straightforward manner.
Most start-ups and individual users prefer to work with Thunderbird before going to use any paid application like MS Outlook. This situation arises the demand for Outlook PST contacts to Thunderbird migration.
Microsoft has provided updates of MS Outlook in a variety of versions, including Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, and others. As a result, the method for importing Microsoft Outlook contacts into Mozilla Thunderbird varies depending on the version.
But, you won’t have to worry, because here we have mentioned an automated tool to Export Contacts from Outlook 2010 or other versions to Thunderbird with a single process. Simply read the entire article to learn how to quickly migrate Outlook Contacts to Thunderbird.
eSoftTools Outlook Converter Software is the fastest way to convert Outlook contacts and address book. It can convert PST /NST or OST file to a vCard/CSV file like contacts files and various other format. All Outlook versions, including Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and others are supported to convert PST file.
Also Read:- How to Import PST file in Mozilla Thunderbird
How to Export Contacts from Outlook to Thunderbird?
Exporting Outlook contacts to Thunderbird Address Book is a two-step process:-
Step 1:- To export Outlook contacts to vCard, follow these detailed steps:
- Download, Install and Launch Outlook Contacts Converter Tool.
- Locate the Outlook PST file by browsing and add in the Software.
- Select all of your Outlook contacts from its location and also see the preview.
- Press the Save PST button and choose the Export to vCard(.vcf) from the conversion option.
- Select the destination path to save the resulted file and HIt the Convert button to start the Outlook Contacts to vCard Export process.
- After completing the Contacts export process simply click on OK from the Confirmation dialog box.
Step 2:- Import Outlook Contacts to Thunderbird Mail from vCard
The user will be able to export contacts from MS Outlook to vCard file using the steps mentioned above. Now the user need to the Import the outlook exported vCard file into the Thunderbird account. The following is a step-by-step guide to the method.
- To begin the process, open Thunderbird application, go to the Tools.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, select the Import option.
- To import the contacts files, select the Address Books radio button from the Import window and click Next.
- It will display a list of choices, from which you should choose vCard file option.
- After you’ve completed your selection, click Next.
- Now, navigate to the place where the exported vCard files are saved and select it then hit on Open.
- It will show Field Mapping as well as records to Move Up/Down.
- When you’re done, press the Finish button to exit the Import Wizard.
- Now, in Thunderbird Address Book, you can see all your Outlook Contacts.
This article discusses the different features of Thunderbird, as well as the functionality that attracts users away from Outlook and Migrate your Outlook contacts to Thunderbird as well. Apart from that, this article explains how to Export Outlook PST contacts to Thunderbird in the most efficient way possible. To import Outlook contacts into Mozilla Thunderbird with ease.