Windows Live Mail is a popular application used to send and receive emails. However, this application is prone to errors and the most common among them is Windows Live Mail Error- Windows unable to send or receive the messages.
Causes behind it
The possible causes behind the error could be the server problem, network connectivity, inactivity for a long time. Here, are the manual ways to address this problem.
Export Windows Live Mail to Outlook
Get the eSoftTools Windows Live Mail to Outlook Converter Software to easily sort out the problem of “unable to send or receive the messages” and Export all email items to PST file, NSF, MBOX, MSG, EMLX, HTML, NSF, Offce 365.
Manual methods to fix Window Live Mail error
Change the settings of the port
The simplest way is to change the settings of the port to 995. Ensure that SSL is ticked and set the port for outgoing mail to 465 and activate SSL settings too. Now, see if the issue is resolved.
Disable third-party application
The second way is to temporarily disable the anti-virus application. It might pose a conflict with the Windows Live Mail application. It would resolve the problem and you can report the same to the manufacturer, or buy another third-party anti-virus application.
Scan your PC
Scan your PC and check if there is malware. You can do this with the help of these steps
- Start the Window Defender and go to the setting and update the security settings.
- Open the Window Defender and start scanning.
Troubleshoot network connectivity problems
If Window Live Mail error still persists despite all the above efforts, there are chances of network connectivity errors. You can resolve it with the below-mentioned steps.
- Start Control Panel and go to Network and Internet
- In-Network and sharing center troubleshoot the network problem.
- There will be a troubleshooting guide displayed in front of you. You can follow step by step instructions to resolve the error.
Reinstall Windows Live Mail
If this fix doesn’t work, you can once again reinstall the Window Live Mail application.
- Open the start menu and open the control panel and visit programs.
- In the program and features find out Windows Live Mail and uninstall it.
After that install it once again to your computer system and see if you are able to send and receive emails.
If these manual methods don’t work, you should Export the WLM messages to the MS Outlook platform. To do this process you can take the help of a third-party application. With this method, you can easily access your important messages of Windows Live Mail without any problem.
Try eSoftTools Windows Live Mail Converter Software this tool you will definitely get the solution to access the WLM email items. You can also try this application to Export all message items of WLM to various unique platforms.
Step by step instructions how to do it
- Download this eSoftTools Live Mail Converter Software.
- Open this tool and click on Select WLM Mailbox.
- The software will offer you options
1) Auto Detect location of WLM folder
2) Select manual live mail location
Choose any one option and simply hit on Next
- The software will show you a preview of all folders of WLM folder/files simply choose the required items.
- After that click on the Convert Mailbox button
- Now choose the Single PST file format to browse the destination folder to save the files.
- After applying these steps within a few minutes conversion will be completed.
The manual methods are overwhelming and they are subject to errors. Hence, the best possible way to solve the error Windows Live Mail is unable to send or receive messages is to convert WLM emails using a third-party application. THe eSoftTools Windows Live Mail Converter will automatically take back-up of files and also it will give the power to resolve live mail errors easily.
Read More:- How to Fix Windows Live Mail Errors