Windows Live Mail Error 3219 (0x8de00005) is a long-standing issue that has yet to be resolved. The meaning of this error is Windows Live Mail is unable to connect to the Hotmail, Outlook, or MSN servers. This error usually occurs when a user configures their account in WLM for syncing mail through a secure HTTPS connection. If users are receiving the error code, it is most likely that this error is due to security problems. Here in this blog post, we will discuss the answer to the query How to Fix Windows Live Mail Error ID 0x8de00005.
Switch from Windows Live mail to Outlook or another email client like- Gmail, Office365, Thunderbird and more through eSoftTools Windows Live Mail Converter Software.
How to Fix Windows Live Mail Error ID 0x8de00005?
You’ll need to re-configure your mail account with IMAP or POP to Fix Windows Live Mail server error 0x8DE00005. Resolve the errors by applying the below mentioned steps to do this process.
Step 1:- Deactivate Old Account
If you’ve found that you’re not receiving any email updates, then you don’t need to keep your account active. Deactivate it by applying these steps:-
- Click on the Account Name >> Properties.
- From the General tab – deselect ‘Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing‘ option.
- Last, click on Apply & OK.
Step 2: Configure a new IMAP account
The next step to fix this windows live Mail error 0x8de00005 you will need to reconfigure your account. To do this follow the below steps:-
- Launch Windows Live Mail and click on the Accounts Tab.
- Find the + symbol with the @ sing and click on it.
- Provide your account details email- address, password and user name. Select the options “Manually Configure Server Settings“.
- Select Server type as IMAP under “Incoming Server Information”. Enter server address, fill the server port number as 993. Mark the “Requires a secure connection SSL”.
- Next, provide the outgoing server address, and enter port number 587 under Outgoing servers information. Then click on “Requires a secure connection SSL” and “Requires Authentication”.
- In the final step click on Next, And that’s it; a new account will appear in the left pane of your Windows Live Mail application.
After configuration of new account you can drag and drop messages from your previously added account to the required folders if you want to do so.
Step 3:- Remove old account to fix Windows Live Mail Error ID 0x8de00005
Once you’ve successfully added your IMAP account and moved all of your email messages from your old account to your new one. After that, you can delete your old account. Because the old account data is no longer needed. You should permanently delete it and ensure that the Windows Live Mail error 0x8DE00005 has been resolved. Delete the old account by right-clicking on it and choosing Remove.
This is how you can fix the Windows Live Mail error 3219 ID 0x8de00005. If the steps are followed correctly, the user will be able to resume sending and receiving messages as normal without seeing any error message.
Also Read:- How to Fix Windows Live Mail Errors Easily?