Windows Live Mail is a popular email client application used by multiple organizations to do official work. It is popular due to its unique features. However, WLM is subject to technical glitches. Read this blog, to get the answer to the question “How to Fix Windows Live Mail Errors” and check out the most common Window Live Mail errors and their solution.
Windows Live Mail authentication error 0x800CCC0B
In this error, the user will not be able to send the emails because Windows Live Mail asks you for authentication for outgoing mails. So, in order to send the emails, you need to activate authentication rights.
To fix the error, we need to activate authentication. Here, are the steps
- Open the Windows Live Mail, search for the accounts option.
- Now, press the email account, which is displaying the error.
- After selecting the email account, press the properties tab.
- Now, click on the email account properties window and press the server tab.
- In the server, search for the outgoing mail server category. Now, activate my server requires an authentication check box.
- To start with the authentication, press the settings tab.
- Now, check the outgoing mail server window, and enter the option, and type the credentials of the account. You can even remember the password if required.
- Click OK once done
- After you have completed the steps, try once again to send the emails.
- Now, in the Outgoing Mail Server Window, check the box next to the Log on using the option. Now, type the credentials of your account. Check the box Remember your password if necessary.
Windows Live Mail Error 3219 (0x8DE00005)
We all love to consolidate the emails in one place. To get this, we need to configure the Window Live Mail account with IMAP and POP accounts. The people who have different accounts with Windows Live Mail may face this error. It is due to the fact that Window Live Mail is not able to connect with the servers of the configured mail accounts.
- It is easy to resolve the error; you need to configure the email servers once again. Here are the steps
- In Windows Live Mail, press on the accounts tab that you will see at the top of the screen.
- Click the email tab and you will find @ with + icon.
- A new window will appear, enter the details of the email account.
- Check the option manually configure server settings, press the next tab.
- Choose IMAP sever type
- Now type the server address and port number
- Check the boxes that ask for secure connection SSL and requires authentication
- Press on the next tab and the process is dome
With these steps, you will add new account in WLM.
Windows Live mail not working on Windows 10
Most users now switching from Windows 7 to Windows 10. And because of the popularity of Outlook and Office 365, Microsoft wants to connect users with these applications. This is the reason that Microsoft has left the WLM email client Windows Live mail not working on Windows 10.
Since Microsoft has discontinued supporting WLM, there is no suitable fix for this problem. Here are tips and tricks to solve
- Configure the WLM once again
- Try compatibility issue to run Window Live Mail administrator.
- Uninstall Windows Essential and install it once again
- Users have got results by uninstalling Windows Essentials 2012 and installing it again on their Windows 10.
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8007007A
This error occurs when WLM is not able to send an email. This occurs because when you are trying to send an email with images and attachments from OneDrive. OneDrive doesn’t let the users send the images on the emails.
How to fix Windows Live Mail Error?
- Delete the email stuck in Outbox and try to send it again.
- Try again to send images through attachment
- Select create photo email from photo attachments and uncheck the box.
- Remove WLM account and again add it
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800ccc0f
If the users try to send an email and the error pops up and the user is unable to send mail.
How to fix it?
The error can be fixed by changing the ports, disabling the third-party applications, scan the PC for infections, uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Windows Live Mail.
The Final words
These solutions are temporary and sometimes it may not work; hence you have to switch to another email client like MS Outlook, Thunderbird, Office 365, etc. The brand eSoftTools recently have launched software that will help users to migrate from Windows Live Mail to Outlook. The name of the software is Windows Live Mail Converter Software. Its advanced algorithm helps the users to transfer files and folders in multiple formats like- PST, MBOX, Office 365, NSF, EMLX, HTML, & MSG. For a quick demo of the software working process download its free trial version from here:-