With the growing popularity of Outlook, there are so many users that are swapping data from Windows Live Mail. There are many users who also want to import contacts from Windows Live Mail. In this blog, we will dig deep on how to import contacts from Windows Live Mail to Outlook manually and through an automated way.
Free tool to Convert Windows Live Mail Contacts
- It has an autoload feature to detect contacts.edb file location.
- You can import unlimited contacts of WLM to New PST, Existing Outlook PST, MSG, vCard, CSV, & HTML like file fomats.
- Perform batch conversion of WLM Contacts file
- There is no need to install Outlook.
- Supports different versions of Outlook.
Manually Import Contacts from Windows Live Mail to Outlook
The procedure of migration involves two major steps
- Extract CSV files that include Window Live Mail Contacts.
- Import the CSV file to Outlook.
Step 1- Extract CSV files that include Window Live Mail Contacts
- Open Windows Live Mail on your computer
- Now press the contacts tab, which is located at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on Export and then comma-separated values (CSV)
- CSV Export window will be seen on the screen,
- Now select the location to save the CSV file by clicking on the browse button.
- After choosing the location simply click Next
- Now, the transfer process will start.
- Shut Windows Live Mail and go toward the path of the created CSV files of Window Live Mail contacts.
Step 2- Import CSV file to Outlook.
- Open Microsoft Outlook and click on the People icon.
- Visit the Open & Export tab and press the Import & export option.
- After this, an import & export wizard will appear on your screen, select the “Import from another program or file” option, and press the Next button.
- From the Import a file window you have to select comma-separated values & press Next.
- Now get your CSV file from its location by clicking on the browse button.
- Find out the path, select the file, and press the open tab.
- Select any of three preferences
- Select the folder in which you want to import Windows Live Mail Contacts to Outlook.
- Press the finish button to start the actual transfer process. Once the procedure completes the contacts will be transferred to Outlook.
Challenges of the Manual method
- It requires technical expertise.
- There are chances of data loss.
- The user might lose a few attributes of contacts that he is planning to transfer.
Automated tool to Import Contacts from Windows Live Mail to Outlook
If a user wants to import windows live mail contacts to Outlook with any trouble and time wastage then the recommended way to do this task is third-party software. Recently the brad eSoftTools designed a utility called Windows Live Mail Contacts to Outlook Converter Software. This method can use as the simplest way to make Window Live Mail Contacts Conversion without any loss of data.
Steps to Import Window Live Mail contacts to Outlook
- Download & Run this software on your computer.
- The tool will provide you two options
1) Select live mail Contacts EDB files:- to manually get the Wlm contacts file.
2) Select default location of WLM contacts database file:- To automatically load the location of Windows Live Mail Contacts.
Choose any one option as per your choice to select the Contacts file and simply press Next.
- The software will show you a preview of all Contacts, choose required contacts, and again click to Next button
- Now from the opened window select any one option from Export all items or Export selected items and Select Export option as Outlook PST file.
- Select the path where you wish to save the files and start the WLM contacts conversion process.
- Once the conversion is done you can view them in Outlook.
For More Info, Visit Here:- Transfer email contacts from Windows Live Mail to Outlook