Last updated on June 18th, 2020 at 03:00 pm
Lotus Notes operates NSF file for saving data on a local machine and Outlook as PST format. It isn’t straightforwardly imported Lotus Notes messages, contacts, and schedule passages into MS Outlook.
In this article we discuss about 2-different methods to export lotus notes to outlook PST file and the methods are one of Manual method and second is an automated software which can do this automatically to migrate lotus notes to outlook PST file.
Any One using lotus Notes Email Application Might face
Situations where they need to convert lotus notes files such as:
- Lotus Notes have a complicated and sophisticated interface and on the other hand, the outlook has a user-friendly interface.
- A Lotus Note is expensive but on the other hand, Outlook comes with less expensive and cost effective.
- Lotus Notes does not support’s configuration of several accounts simultaneously.
- MS Outlook is best selection for any organizations if they want to switch to another email client
Here we introduce, two method for conversion of Lotus Notes to Outlook PST-
- Manual Method by directly Lotus Notes to Outlook
- Automated Software solution for converting Lotus Notes to Outlook
Manual Method by directly Lotus Notes to Outlook
Let’s start with Manual method:
There are different steps for getting out IBM Notes items such as emails, contacts and schedules. So this is immediate manual procedure for how to convert lotus notes emails, calendar, contacts, and schedules to MS Outlook.
Just follow simple steps to import the Lotus Notes Mailbox to Outlook
- You need to Open IBM Lotus Notes
- Now open NSF file
- Click on File > Export (Export Wizard window of Lotus Notes appears)
- Choose a location to save the file and Select Comma Separated Value or Structured Text in Save as type
- A message box pops up – mark the required option and choose OK
- Type a new name for the exported NSF file and select the Export button
NSF file well exported at selected location and now import the converted NSF file in MS Outlook
Section Second –
Now go for import the exported Lotus Notes NSF data file in MS Outlook
- Open the Outlook
- Click on File > Import (Import and Export Wizard is open)
- Choose Import from another program or file and click Next
- Choose Comma Separated values (Windows)
- Open the location of Exported NSF file and check Replace duplicates with item imported
- Choose a folder location where you need to import the data and click Next (Import procedure starts)
- Now wait for a while for getting over, click Finish
Users face many issues in the above process and sometimes failed to export the data.
- Some times of manual strategy gets failed
- Its takes too much time
- It has some with certain risks
- It’s not export complete data
- Manual method has some size limitations
- Need technical knowledge to operate the method
Automated Software solution for converting Lotus Notes to Outlook
Manual methods some time fails to provide the exact results so now I recommended you a third-party tool NSF to PST converter from eSoftTools that quickly import and convert Lotus Notes emails to Outlook.
eSoftTools NSF to PST converter is a software that help’s in solving the problem regarding conversion of IBM Lotus Notes to Outlook. In a fast, safe and reliable manner Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter software that performs the effortless conversion along with mailbox components like emails, tasks, drafts, attachments, journals, and contacts. Single as well multiple NSF files can be converted in just a single click.
You can download the software from – https://www.esofttools.com/nsf-to-pst-converter.html