- Reasons for the error "we couldn't create outlook data file"
- How to fix Outlook Error: "we couldn't create the outlook data file"?
Last updated on February 13th, 2023 at 03:09 pm
When adding a new account in Outlook, users may face an error message stating that “we couldn’t create the outlook data file. make sure the disk you’re saving to isn’t full“. So, with this article, we are going to explain why this error occurs as well as how to resolve it. Let’s start…
Microsoft Outlook is an email client that allows you to access, send and receive emails. With Outlook users can access multiple email accounts at one time.
However, some users face a problem and become unable to add a new email account in Outlook. While adding an email, they may get an error saying “can’t create outlook data file“.
For users who facing this same problem, we have shown the best solutions in the below sections of this article.
Using the below-shown methods, users can quickly fix this problem. But, moving fur, let’s look at what’s causing the pain.
Reasons for the error “we couldn’t create outlook data file”
- Outlook bug: A bug in Outlook is a common cause of this problem. The bug prevents you from adding a new email account in MS Outlook application.
- Insufficient hard disc space: In order to build new files and maintain its cache storage, Outlook needs a certain amount of free disc space on your computer’s drive. If there is no free space, users will face this can’t create outlook data file error.
- IMAP access disabled in email account: Ensure you’ve enabled the IMAP access option before configuring it in Outlook.
These are the reasons why users getting this “couldn’t create the outlook data file”. Now let’s look at various options for resolving this problem.
How to fix Outlook Error: “we couldn’t create the outlook data file”?
Before applying the steps of fixing this Outlook error, for creating a new Outlook data file, first open File Explorer and check if you have enough space or not on your hard drive.
Then try the shown given methods one by one to fix errors in the Outlook application: –
Solution 1: – Add Account with alternative methods in Outlook
If outlook has a bug that prevents you from using the Add Account option, then you should try another method for adding an email account.
Method 1: – Use the Manage Profiles option to Add Account
If Outlook is unable to create a data file, you can add accounts using the Manage Profiles option.
- Launch Outlook and go to the “File” menu in the top left corner.
- Click Account Settings in the “Info” section, and choose the “Manage Profiles” option.
- Select Email Accounts from the next opened dialogue box.
- Click on “New” under the E-mail tab from the Account Settings window.
After that, you’ll be asked to fill out details for your new email address. Now add your email account and check whether the error is fixed or not.
Method 2: – Add Account using Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and select Mail option.
- The dialogue box for Mail Setup will now appear on your screen, simply click on Email Accounts option.
- Now continue with the steps of adding a new account in Outlook by providing account details.
Solution 2: – Disable Simplified Account Creation
- Open the Run box, by pressing the “Win + R” keys from your keyboard and type “regedit” and hit Enter button.
- After opening the registry editor, navigate to the following direction from the left pane of the screen.
- Right-click on the right-side panel of the registry editor and choose “New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.”
- Name the newly generated file “DisableSimplifiedAccountCreation“.
- Now select the generated file, right-click on it, and select Modify from the menu.
- In the opened Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value dialogue box, enter the value data “1” and hit on OK.
As a result, the Simplified Account Creation function has been turned off. You can now use the Outlook application to customize your account.
If none of the above approaches work, the problem could be caused by a corrupt Outlook data file (.pst). But you don’t need to worry, we have a solution for that as well that known as eSoftTools Outlook PST Repair tool.
It is the best tool that helps you in fixing all issues related to PST files such as- corruption, data loss, creating the backup, conversion, and so on.
The program will recover and restore lost data from PST and allow it to save them into numerous file types. Users can convert PST to EML, MSG, EMLX, MBOX, HTML, Gmail, Office365, vCard, and many other file formats.
In this blog post, we have provided multiple solutions for resolving the “Outlook couldn’t create the data file” error. You can easily try any of the above solutions to fix the problem and get the best results.