When you send or receive an email in Outlook, an error occurs 0x8004010F: ‘Outlook data file cannot be accessed. It can occur for a variety of reasons. This article assists you in understanding why you received the Outlook 0x8004010f error and how to resolve it.
Users of MS Outlook often experience various types of errors as a result of factors such as OST or PST file corruption. Error 0x8004010F is one of the errors that all Outlook users face in daily use. The corruption of the Outlook profile causes this 0x8004010F error in Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, and other updated versions. It disables the application’s ability to send or receive email messages. Outlook shows the following error if the user attempts to send or receive an email:-
- Sending reported error 0x8004010F: Outlook Data File cannot be accessed.
- Receiving reported error 0x8004010F: Outlook Data File cannot be accessed.
- The attempted operation failed. An object could not be found
Let’s look at how to fix the 0x8004010f Outlook error.
Fastest solution to fix Outlook Error 0x8004010F
Download eSoftTools OST Recovery Software to repair Outlook OST, PST, & NST files and Also Convert them into 9+ file format and cloud email platforms like- Yahoomail, Office 365, Gmail, etc.
Manual methods to fix Outlook Error 0x8004010F
In the case of the Outlook error 0x8004010F, Scanpst.exe is useless. However, a manual trick is available which can provide you a solution for this 0x8004010F Outlook error. In order to fix the error code 0x8004010F, there are three main steps to follow:-
- Locate the PST File’s current location
- Make a new Outlook profile
- Set the latest Outlook profile as default
Step 1:- Locate the PST File’s current location
- Pick Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Select Mail option from the Control Panel.
- From the Mail Setup-Outlook window, select Show Profiles option.
- In the Mail window select your Outlook profile and click on Properties.
- Press the Data files button from the next opened Mail Setup- Outlook window.
- The “Account Settings” window should now appear, click the “Data Files” tab in this window. Note the name and location of your profile’s default data file and simply press the Close button.
Step 2:- Make a new Outlook profile
Follow the given steps and easily create new Outlook profile:-
- Repeat the first three steps motioned above “from opening control panel to hitting the Show Profiles” button.
- Next press the Add button from the Mail dialog box.
- After pressing the “Add” button, a pop-up window will appear, prompting you to name the new Outlook profile. Give your Outlook profile a new name and press the “Ok” button.
- Fill in the standard server settings of the email account, such as the email address and password. Click the “Next” button, and after this new Outlook profile will be created automatically.
- Click the “Finish” button once the Outlook profile has been completely configured.
Step 3:- Set the latest Outlook profile as default to fix Outlook error 0x8004010F
Remove the Outlook error 0x8004010F by making the newly created MS-Outlook profile as default.
- Click the Start button, choose control panel option and open it.
- Choose the Mail from the control panel.
- Select the Newly created profile and click on the radio button “Always use this profile“.
- Click on OK and close this window.
To fix this error creating a new account can be a method. But many people have too much information or many e-mail accounts, so this method not for those users. If none of the above methods works, you can utilize this third tool known as the eSoftTools Outlook Recovery tool. This professional software uses powerful algorithms to resolve all Outlook errors and repair Outlook data files accurately. Get a trial version from here:-