A variety of people use the Microsoft Outlook application for sending and receiving emails, manage calendars, contacts, other things. However, did you know that when working in Outlook, you might encounter a few errors? The error can occur as a result of your accidental actions. One of the most commonly asked questions on the internet by Outlook users errors is “How to Fix Outlook Error 0x80070021?”. There are various reasons for this error, but it most often occurs when you try to back up Outlook. (pst). In this article, you’ll find some of the most effective ways to fix error code 0x80070021 in Microsoft Outlook.
Repairing a damaged PST file without corrupting its contents is a difficult job. You must use a professional tool like- eSoftTools Outlook PST Recovery tool. The program includes powerful algorithms that can quickly fix any damaged PST file in simple steps.
Reasons for the occurrence of the error 0x80070021 in Outlook:-
- Background-running applications:- This error may be caused by Outlook or another program that uses Outlook’s features running in the background as you try to make a backup. Like- Microsoft Office Communicator, Google Calendar Sync, Skype, and other similar programs.
- Network Device Failure:– if a user tries to access a PST file on a network server and there is an issue with the internet connection, the PST file would be harmed or shows a corruption error.
- Sudden Power Failure:- If there is a power outage when transferring emails in Outlook, the PST file will be damaged or corrupted.
- Data Storage Device Failure:- Another problem is data storage system failure. If your hard disc has bad sectors and your pst files are stored on those bad sectors, you’ll get an error like- Error 0x80070021.
How to Fix Outlook Error 0x80070021
The 0x80070021 error in Outlook can be fixed using one of two methods: first is manual, which has some significant drawbacks, and the second is by an expert solution. So, depending on your comfort level, choose one of the following methods to fix this error:
Manual Methods to Resolve 0x80070021 Outlook Error
Now let’s take a look at the best manual solutions for fixing Outlook error 0x80070021:-
Solution 1:- Use Task Manager to end the Outlook Process.
- Right-click on the Windows taskbar and choose “Task Manager” from the list and launch Task Manager.
- Under the “Processes” tab, search for Outlook or some other application that uses Outlook’s features.
- Right-click on the application that you want to stop and click on End process.
Solution 2:- Perform a Clean Boot
- Open the Run dialogue box by pressing Windows + R keys together. Then type msconfig in the box and click OK to proceed.
- Go to the Services tab in the pop-up window. Check the option Hide all Microsoft services, then press Disable all.
- Now go to the Startup tab, and you will see, there are a number of startup things listed here. To proceed, select the unnecessary objects and disable them.
After you’ve completed all of the steps, go back to your Outlook file and check the error 0x80070021 has been resolved.
Automated Method to Fix Outlook Error 0x80070021
Even if the above solutions fail, the final solution will fix the Outlook error 0x80070021, as previously mentioned. The eSoftTools Outlook Recovery tool is the ultimate solution for resolving Microsoft Outlook errors. It is compatible with all Windows versions, including Windows 10, 8, 7, 8.1, and so on. This tool deeply scans and repair damage PST files caused by crashed systems, virus infections, system errors, and corrupt files, among other things.
To fix error code 0x80070021, follow the instructions below:-
- Download and launch eSoftTools PST Repair tool and add you corrupt Outlook PST file.
- The software will start the scanning process and all of the PST file data will be shown on your computer immediately.
- Transfer all recovered PST data to a new PST file. Select the location to save new file.
After that, you can use your Outlook program to import and access the recovered PST, and the Outlook error 0x80070021 will be resolved.
When taking a backup of a PST file in Microsoft Outlook, the error code 0x80070021 most users have experienced it. We’ve covered a few easy ways to fix this Outlook error in this post. The solutions we’ve given to repair Outlook error 0x80070021 are completely safe to use and don’t need any technical knowledge. You can also use them without any problem.