Most people prefer to use cloud mail applications to share emails, while some users prefer to use desktop-based apps like Thunderbird for this purpose. If you are also on that list and thinking about transferring iCloud emails to Thunderbird, then this blog is for you. Here we will show the best technique to Import/Add iCloud Email to Thunderbird.
iCloud is a cloud service offered by the Apple brand. It is a suite of different applications that users can access from a web browser. iCloud Mail is one of the applications that comes with this suite to perform email tasks.
Apple allows its users to create a separate email account with the suffix “@icloud.com” to use the iCloud service. Users get a storage space on a cloud server to store all the emails and other data associated with their iCloud accounts.
Because of the cloud environment, a user can easily access the iCloud Mail app from any web browser, from any location, and on any device.
There are many advantages of using iCloud mail service, which is why a large number of users are using it. However, due to some situations, users need to transfer emails from iCloud Mail to Thunderbird Desktop.
Also Read: – How to Download Email from iCloud Server to Windows PC?
Why transfer Emails from iCloud to Thunderbird?
- Additional iCloud email backup: – Thunderbird supports creating copies of emails that work as a backup. This enables users to perform recovery of accidentally erased emails.
- Local access to iCloud emails: – Thunderbird allows users to read emails in offline mode. Importing iCloud emails to a Thunderbird profile gives users the ability to access them locally.
- Importing iCloud emails to another account: – Some users are required to export some emails from the iCloud account to their different mail account. This task a user can do by importing iCloud emails to Thunderbird.
I’ve been using iCloud Mail for a very long time, and I want to copy some emails to other email accounts I’m using with Thunderbird. I don’t want to configure an iCloud Mail account in Thunderbird. Is there a way to add iCloud email directly to a Thunderbird profile? Please suggest.
Method to Import/Add iCloud Email to Thunderbird
With a straightforward process and easy steps, import iCloud emails to Thunderbird using eSoftTools iCloud Backup and Migration software. This is a special solution to perform the task of transferring iCloud emails.
This tool provides a separate option to transfer emails from an iCloud account to a Thunderbird-configured profile. In one click, it auto-selects the Thunderbird storage location and imports all selected iCloud Mail folders in that path. Apart from this it also provides additional features like- mail folder selection and mail filter.
See the complete working process here: – How to Import iCloud Email to Thunderbird?
Features of iCloud Email Backup and Migration Software
- Backup iCloud email to Hard Drive: – Download emails from your iCloud Mail account to your Windows computer. Extract iCloud emails and save them to your Thunderbird storage location. Also, get other saving formats to save iCloud emails like- PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, HTML, MBOX, MSG, and PDF.
- Migrate iCloud Emails to other cloud apps: – Transfer mail folders from iCloud account to other cloud mail apps like- Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Office365, etc. Complete this migration in a straightforward process by following the simple steps.
- Export emails of selective dates: – Inside the software, there is a mill filter option to filter out specific emails. Select email dates and migrate or download emails from selected dates only.
- Backup/migrate chosen mail folders: – Select mail folders of the iCloud account and export emails from only those selected mail folders.
- Thunderbird store location auto-detection: – Simply select the “Save to Thunderbird” option and the software will automatically select the Thunderbird profile store location to import the iCloud Mail folder into it.
- Flawless email backup and migration: – Download all iCloud emails to your hard drive without any errors. All emails are extracted and saved in their original format and properties.
- Working on all Windows editions: – Users can use this iCloud backup tool on any version of Windows O/S (up to Windows 11) for instant backup and migration of iCloud emails.
- iCloud email free backup/migration: – Back up iCloud emails and migrate them at no charge using the free demo version of the software. Export up to 20 emails from each iCloud Mail folder for free.
There are many reasons why users might want to import iCloud emails to Thunderbird. Some reasons for this could be email backup, local access to email, and others. You can easily add iCloud email to Thunderbird by following the above method. Also, try iCloud Email Backup & Migration for free with its demo version.