Want to take backup of IMAP Mails? If yes, then your solution you will get through this article. Here we will show the best method to safely download IMAP account emails to a local drive.
IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) is a protocol that email clients use to download emails from mail servers. Nowadays both desktop and cloud mail applications are using IMAP protocol for viewing emails to users.
Cloud mail or webmail application that uses IMAP protocol, saves users’ email account data on a cloud server. From the cloud server, these applications are able to show emails to users. But on other hand, users face several issues when they need to save their email to a local drive.
Locally saving emails to hard drives makes users able to get any time or instant access to email with no internet connection.
As a result of this, there is a large number of users who requires to take backup of IMAP emails. Now see the next section to check how a user can do this job easily.
Best Solution to Take Backup of IMAP Account Mails
The best method to download IMAP emails and take backup is the IMAP Backup Tool of SysInspire. This single application makes users able to extract emails from IMAP accounts. A user can safely export emails from any IMAP account with this tool to different file formats.
In addition, with the software users get smart features to perform the IMAP backup processes in a more secure manner and with ease.
How to Take Backup of IMAP emails using eSoftTools IMAP Backup Software
For the IMAP Mailbox Backup process, download & Install IMAP backup tool to your machine and follow the steps shown below: –
- Launch IMAP Backup Software on your computer.
- Choose your IMAP account app from provided option
- Now provide your Email Address, Password, and other needed information (Host Name & Port).
- Fill in “IMAP Account details” and press the “Authenticate IMAP Login” button.
- After login click on Next and Select the “Get Backup to Local Drive” option.
- Next choose file format in which you want to save IMAP Emails (EML, EMLX, MSG, HTML, MHTML, MBOX, & PST).
- Choose and apply another setting like- Mail Filter & Naming Convention.
- Select a saving location from your drive to save downloaded email files.
- Finally, click on the “Backup Now” button to start the process of downloading IMAP emails.
Simply follow all these steps and take Backup of IMAP Mails to your local drive.
Smart Features of IMAP Backup Software
- Download IMAP Account Emails to a local drive and save them in different file formats.
- Save IMAP emails in PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, HTML, MHTML, & MBOX files.
- Preserve IMAP account emails with maintaining complete email properties.
- Get backup from all IMAP/Cloud mail servers including- Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, Outlook.com, Office365, and more.
- The mail filter by date function of the software help users extract emails of specific dates from the IMAP Server.
- Offers a naming convention option to save email files with different naming patterns.
- Supports works in all editions of Windows O/S including- Win 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista, etc.
Users in a very huge amount are finding a solution for the query “How to Take Backup of IMAP Mails?”. The best answer to this query we have provided is through this blog post. Now all users can follow the above-shown method and simply get their IMAP emails to their local drive. To check the IMAP Backup tool all functions and working processes, get its free demo edition now.
Demo Limitation: – With the free demo all users can download up to 20 emails from each folder of IMAP account with spending money.