Want to download IMAP account mail folders to a local drive in the form of MBOX files? This job is now possible with ease. Read this blog post till the end, and learn about the best solution to export IMAP mail folder to MBOX files.
Many users are nowadays using webmail applications that work on IMAP protocol. Gmail, Yahoo mail, Office365, and some of the most well-known IMAP-based mail apps.
IMAP (Internet message access protocol) enables users to access their account emails without downloading them locally. In addition, IMAP-based cloud mail apps users can easily access from different locations at a particular time.
With IMAP-based mail apps users can easily operate their mail account through a web browser. The only that users need to access email from the IMAP server is an “internet connection”.
But the absence of the internet makes users unable to access their emails from IMAP accounts. Because of this reason, the user prefers saving their IMAP account emails to MBOX files on their local drive.
Also Read: – How to Export Email from Roundcube Webmail to MBOX?
Direct Method to Export IMAP Mail Folder to MBOX files
A powerful and result-oriented utility to Export IMAP mail folders to MBOX files is eSoftTools IMAP Backup and Migration tool.
With this smart solution, a user can smoothly download all emails from an IMAP account to a local drive. From single as well as multiple IMAP account mail folders to MBOX files users can export emails in a single process. Also, to make this IMAP email backup process much easier and more reliable several more advanced options are available in this software.
How to Export IMAP emails to MBOX files with IMAP Backup & Migration tool?
- Download, Install, and Launch eSoftTools IMAP Backup software on your computer.
- Choose your mail app from the provided list with different options.
- Input your IMAP account email address, password, Port, and hostname.
- After adding the required details, click on Login and start loading all mail folders.
- Make a selection of required IMAP account mail folders from the mail folders list.
- Choose an option for saving mail folders to MBOX files from these options: –
- Single MBOX: – Create a single MBOX file to save all mail folders of the IMAP account.
- Separate MBOX: – Save each IMAP account mail folder emails to separate MBOX files.
- Select a destination path from your local drive for saving the resultant MBOX files.
- Apply mail filtering by date settings and click on the Save Backup button.
After this, start downloading all IMAP account emails to MBOX files on your computer.
Advanced features of IMAP Backup and Migration Software
- With simple clicks, download emails from all IMAP-based webmail apps.
- Extract emails from single as well as multiple IMAP account mail folders at once.
- Save IMAP account emails to MBOX and multiple other formats like- PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, MHTML, and others.
- Provides mail filtering option to export emails of specific date from IMAP server.
- Save the resultant email files with custom names with the naming convention option.
- Offers users to choose their desired location for saving resultant files.
- Supports all IMAP-based mail apps like- Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook.com, Office365, etc
- Works on all older to newer editions of windows O/S including- win 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista, and others.
- It comes with a demo edition to export 20 emails from each folder of the IMAP account for free.
Downloading IMAP mail folders to MBOX files helps users in different situations. The best technique to do this job we have shown in this blog post. Users now can easily follow the above-discussed steps and easily save IMAP account mail folders to MBOX files.