Microsoft Outlook is one of the practical ways that is used by the organization for communicating with the client. It creates a default file OST that helps users to access the files when the internet connectivity is not available. It has several impressive features but it is vulnerable to errors. Sometimes, the user may encounter errors while running the application, Outlook Data file access denied OST. This particular error prohibits OST files from opening and there are chances that you may lose mailbox data.
Instant solution to fix all Outlook Errors
Download eSoftTools OST Recovery Software to fix all corruption issues related to Outlook OST, PST, & NST, and Also Convert OST file into 9+ file format and cloud email platforms like- Yahoomail, Office 365, & Gmail.
Manual method to fix the error “Outlook Data file access denied OST”
Method 1- Change Outlook OST file Properties
- Open Control Panel and click on the Mail option
- Select the Data files option, then select the OST file and click on Open file location
- Right-Click on the OST file and click on properties
- Now Uncheck the Read-Only Box and press Apply and then click on OK.
Now, see whether the error is fixed. If the problem persists, change UAC settings
Method 2- Change the UAC settings
- Right-Click on the OST file and hit on the properties option.
- Select the Security tab and click on the edit tab.
- Press the add tab
- After this, a “user or group” window will open
- Type everyone and press the check names button and click OK.
- On the permission box, select everyone and press the full control tab, and press the OK button.
- Now, start MS Outlook to check whether the error is resolved.
Method 3- Try to run MS Outlook as an administrator
- Right-click on the Outlook application.
- Select as Run as Administrator.
- It will ask the permission, click on yes
If you are still facing the error problem, you need to know the OST file is corrupt. In such cases, you need to create new Outlook profile.
Method 4- Create a new profile
You can create a new profile using the below-mentioned steps, but creating a new you should make a backup of OST file
- Open the control panel, then click on the Mail option.
- On the mail-set up window, select the Show profiles tab.
- Click on the Add option to add a new profile.
- Enter a name and press OK.
- Type your credentials your name, email address, and other details then hit on Next.
- Now Launch the Outlook application to see if the error is resolved
If the error persists, you need to use automated or direct method
Automatically fix all Outook errors
If you tried all manual techniques to fix the error but still seeing the error “Outlook Data file access denied OST” Then you should go with third-party software to fix this problem. eSoftTools has launched an innovative software called OST to PST Converter.
Steps to Repair and Convert OST to PST with eSoftTools
- Launch the Software.
- Select OST file and start the scanning process to repair corrupt OST file.
- See the preview of all inner items of OST files & select the required items.
- Choose the file option as and convert OST to PST
The software is the best way to resolve the error because the manual methods are time-consuming. The eSoftTools OST to PST Converter software helps users to extract data from OST files and save them in a new healthy PST format. The tool converts the file to several different with accuracy. After converting the OST file to PST you can simply access this from Outlook without any problem.