Last updated on January 23rd, 2023 at 07:14 pm
There are many users who encounter such issues, “you cannot delete this Outlook data file” error. If you are facing the same problem and want to solve this error immediately. Here, in this article, we will give the instant solutions to fix the error “The data file is associated with a mail account OST”.
Reasons why the user might face this challenge
- Outlook uses the data file OST- It is the most common problem faced by the user. The users fail to delete the Outlook data file because the file is in use by the Outlook application.
- When Outlook profile goes corrupt– This problem happens if OST/PST file contains corrupt data, then you might be prohibited to delete it.
Manual Method to Fix Error “The data file is associated with a mail account OST”
Before applying the methods to resolve error- The data file is associated with a mail account OST user should make the backup of OST file. User can download free OST to PST Converter Software that supports to convert OST into 9+ file formats and cloud platforms like- Office 365, Gmail, and Yahhomail to save OST database.
Method 1- Remove OST mail account
- Open Outlook account and click on the File tab.
- From info screen-press account settings
- In the account setting tab, there is a dialog box that helps you to select the email account that you wish to remove and now press the remove tab.
- Delete the OST file related to that email account
If the issue is still there, use the next method
Method 2- Remove corrupt Outlook profile and create a new one
Before removing the profile, create a backup to PST file using Import-Export wizard. If there is large number of OST files, you can use Convert OST to PST tool.
To create a new profile
- Click on control panel and press the mail tab.
- Press show profiles option from the mail setup dialog box
- Press the add button.
- Create the name of your Outlook profile, and then press OK.
- Enter the new name of Outlook profile.
Apply these steps and easily add new Outlook profile.
Method 3- Delete OST files through registry editor
- Open the registry editor using the window+ R key.
- When the run dialog box appears, type Regedit.
- Launch the registry editor, and visit the location
- Delete the ghost account and again open outlook and you will see that the problem is now fixed.
This manual method may help you to resolve this error, but if you are still facing the error and want to access OST file data. Now for this problem, you can try eSoftTools OST to PST Converter Software. Through this tool, user will get the power to smartly access the corrupted OST file. In addition, you can convert OST files into PST, and various other file types by using this software.