HCL/IBM Lotus Notes is an email client that everyone recommends for its security features. IBM Notes allows users for doing email sending/receiving tasks in a much reliable manner. In addition to emailing also user utilize it for contacts management, calendaring, and various other things. Also, Lotus notes offer an archiving feature that helps users in many cases. With the archiving process of Lotus Notes data, users can simply save their mailbox items like- emails, contacts, calendars, journals, tasks, etc for future use. Sometimes while adding or opening these archive files Lotus notes show errors like- “File does not exist” or another issue. If the user has saved any important data in this file, it becomes necessary to Recover the Corrupted Lotus Notes Archive File.
So, in this blog post, we will discuss the method to recover corrupted Lotus Notes Archive File data.
Before moving to the recovery process first see reasons to create Lotus Notes Archive File and solution fix corruption error of Lotus Notes archive.
Reason to create Lotus Notes Archive
- By creating archive.nsf for saving dat user can reduce the chances of corruption in Lotus Notes.
- To create backup of Lotus Notes mailbox items including emails, contacts, calendars.
- Free up some space from NSF file of Lotus Notes by moving dat to Archive files.
- Tranfer data of Lotus Notes from one computer to another with archive.nsf files.
Is any method available to fix Lotus Notes Archive “File does not exist” error?
Most of the times users face the error: “File does not exist” in Lotus Notes while accessing Archive.nsf file. Users can see this error if they have changed the location of the archive.nsf file. It is possible to fix this possible, users just need to simply follow the below-mentioned steps to easily resolve this error:-
- First open Lotus Notes and check location of Archive database.
- Select File > Database > properties > Archive Settings -‘Where do you want these documents archived to?‘
- Next open windows explorer and navigate to the archive file location and check the file is mising or renamed.
- Rename the file to its previously name or move your Archive.nsf file to this location.
In this way, you can resolve the Lotus Notes Archive “File does not exist” error. But you are not able to resolve the error after applying these steps then you have to try the method to recover corrupted Lotus Notes Archive File data.
How To Recover Corrupted Lotus Notes Archive File (NSF)?
If you have stored a lot of important data in an archive file of Lotus Notes then it is necessary to recover it. Here is the fastest method available to recover data from corrupt Lotus Notes Archive.nsf file. The name of the software is eSoftTools NSF to PST Converter software. The software will allow users to easily repair all corruption errors from all types of NSF files. It offers users to convert Lotus Notes Archive files to various different accessible file types. You can easily convert Names.nsf as well as Archive.nsf to Outlook PST just by applying simple steps.
Steps to Recover lost data from Corrupt Lotus Notes Archive File:-
- Launch Lotus Notes NSF to PST Converter in your machine.
- Add you corrupt Archive.NSF files in the software (you can also add multiple file at a single time).
- Start the scanning process to resolve corruption errors.
- After this the software will load all mailbox items and show you a live preview of all mailbox components.
- Select required folder to recover and press the Convert button from menu bar.
- Now choose the desired file type from the provided conversion formats to save the Archive.nsf fil data.
- Finally select the destination path to save the resulted files and start the recovery/conversion process.
Through this method, users can easily recover corrupted Lotus Notes Archive File data without facing any kind of trouble and with very little effort.
In this blog post, we have provided the answer to “why users need to create Archive files in Lotus Notes” and corruption error enter in these files. Above we mentioned all possible ways to fix archive file corruption errors and recover data from corrupt Archive.nsf files. Users can try the demo version of NSF to PST Converter to check its working process for free.