Microsoft Outlook is a widely used email application by the business enterprise due to its advanced features and configuration abilities. But sometimes when the user is trying to access Outlook, he may encounter an error “Exchange Server Unavailable”.
Let us find out the possible causes behind that and what the user should do to bring it back to normal.
Possible causes behind the error
- Network connectivity errors
- Improper Outlook configuration or improper profile on Outlook
- When there is interference by the third-party applications or add-ins while connecting to Exchange Server
- When there is a missing default gateway configuration in the client application.
How to Resolve Error– Exchange Server Unavailable?
There are multiple reasons that can lead to this error; hence there are several solutions for it.
User can try the eSoftTools OST to PST Converter Software when they are facing “Exchange Server Unavailable” or any other kind of Outlook Error. It will allow you to Repair, Recover, and Convert OST file into PST, MBOX, vCard, CSV, Zimbra, Office 365 and various more file format
Solution 1- Solve configuration errors by editing registry
- Click on Windows + R button, enter regedit and click enter to open the registry editor.
- A registry window will be seen, from there find HKEY_CURRENT_USER and then press software.
- Now, visit Microsoft >> Office >> Outlook >>RPC
- Type the message DefConnectOpts and now press “Enter” key
- Right-click on DefConnectOpts and change it to value 0.
The registry editor has been changed.
Solution 2- Check the internet connectivity–
Configure LAN settings to verify internet connectivity, follow the below-mentioned steps:-
- Open the internet option from the start menu.
- Click on the Internet properties dialogue box, from there select the connection tab, and click on LAN settings.
- In the local area network settings, there will be a dialogue box that comes with advanced options.
- Now, set your mail server address and press OK.
- The LAN settings will be configured and the mail server will be set.
Solution 3- Update Outlook profile
- Go to the control panel and now press the mail button.
- It will show you the profiles.
- In the profiles click on the properties tab
- Press email account and select Microsoft Exchange and then press change
- Now, click on more settings and head to the Security tab
- Click on encryption data between Outlook and Microsoft exchange and press OK to save changes.
- Now, press Next and Finish tab.
Solution 4- Create a new profile
- Visit control panel and press the Mail tab.
- Now, click on show profiles tab and press add button.
- The profile name dialogue box will appear where you can put the name of your choice and press save tab.
Solution 5- Restart Microsoft exchange services
When Microsoft exchange services are not working, it could be due to problems in the Exchange account and Outlook. But one can easily resolve it by restarting it from the service manager.
- Launch the exchange server system.
- Run windows box using the key Windows + R and now type services.msc and press OK.
- The Exchange service manager window will be seen. Here, you can select the services one by one and select the restart option for the services that are not working.
- Get out of the windows and then restart the Outlook application to see if it worked.
Solution 6- When third-party applications are interfering
Several times when third-party applications like anti-virus programs or other add-ins interfere with Outlook may create this error, simply stop them to complete the action. To resolve this error, the user should start Outlook in safe mode.
When the user is facing this Error of “Exchange Server unavailable” and wants to reaccess or retrieve all his important items, reestablishing the connection of Outlook with Exchange Server is recommended. But for a normal person, it is a very difficult task.
The best method to recover the lost Exchange database while getting this error, admin or user should Convert EDB file to PST. The user can easily get reliable and trusted eSoftTools Exchange EDB to PST Converter Software. This tool has a friendly interface which makes the task effortless. Moreover, the software allows the user to repair and recover the encrypted files and both technical and non-technical users can use it without any problem.