Last updated: January 19th, 2021 at 07:21 pm
There come circumstances when the OST file turns corrupt due to several known and unknown reasons. In the case of OST file corruption, outlook displays an error “Cannot open particular Outlook items when offline” and thus turns out to be non-functional while you attempt to access the file. Since the error may affect Outlook in the long run, it is important to resolve it with quick consideration.
All in one solution to fix all Outlook corruption errors
eSoftTools OST to PST Converter Software to Repair/Convert OST, PST, & NST files of Outlook to new PST, MSG, vCard, CSV, MBOX, HTML, Zimbra, ICS, Office 365, Gmail, YahooMail, etc
OST file corruption is the core reason behind the error- “Cannot Open Particular Outlook Items when Offline”
Some other reasons that obtains this problem are:-
- Unusual and sudden Outlook termination.
- Improper handling of MS Outlook.
- File system corruption.
- Damage to the offline folder.
- Malware and even strong virus attacks.
- Power failure.
- Network connection issues.
Even if a single reason from the above-mentioned causes takes place it gives a circumstance for the error to take place. To resolve this issue all you need to do is find out the root cause for the problem and work on it.
Quick solutions to resolve the error “Cannot Open Particular Outlook Items when Offline”:-
Before making the process of resolving the corruption error of the Outlook OST file user should make a backup of OST file data. You can try eSoftTools OST to PST Converter Software to save a PST file as a backup of OST file information.
Method 1:- ScanOST.exe Integrity Tool
Before proceeding it should be imprinted in mind that you can use this tool only if you are using MS Outlook 2007 and its previous versions. It helps you to check for corruption and let you fix those issues.
Follow the below steps to run scanOST.exe Integrity Tool:
- Close the Outlook application and other programs that are controlling it.
- Right-click on scanOST.exe and choose Run as administrator.
- Now, Choose the profile which contains the target OST file.
- The tool will prompt a message to either work offline or connect online. Click on the Connect.
- Next, choose the reasonable option as per your preferences. If you want to repair the file, click on the Repair Error checkbox.
- Now, click on the Begin Scan.
The problem with the integrity tool is that it can only handle a minimal level of corruption and there is also a threat of data loss, so keep a backup of your data first before using this tool.
Method 2:- Delete and Recreate OST file
Delete corrupt OST file, by following these simple steps:-
- Close Outlook application
- Visit the path where the corrupt OST file is located.
- Right Click to the OST file and delete it.
Recreate OST file in Microsoft Outlook:-
- Launch Outlook and hit on File >> Info
- Click on Account Settings and hit on Microsoft Exchange
- From the settings window, click on option “more settings” and then hit on the Advanced tab
- Select Offline folder file settings
- Choose the location where you want to save Outlook.ost file and click Finish.
With this method, you can re-access your account but all your previous data of OST file will be deleted.
The Final Words
If you have used the above clarified manual methods and still facing a “cannot open particular Outlook items when offline” error, the only solution left to fix the error is to convert OST to PST file format. By this method, the user can access the database of an OST file with an Outlook account profile. To make this process, you can trust a third-party OST to PST Converter. Accordingly to every user, the tool which is a top demand is the eSoftTools OST to PST Converter Software. It works to Convert any corrupt, inaccessible, encrypted, or also healthy OST file to PST. And also shows a preview of OST file inner items before making the OST conversion. You can grab its free trial version to get a quick demo of software functionalities.
Software Working process:-