If you are running Outlook OST File & your updates ran smoothly however while making the completion you restart your machine and your desktop appears, you launch Outlook as you always do. Moving forward you receive the message, “Outlook Data file in use cannot be accessed.” There are times when you face difficulty while running.OST File. So, if you are looking out for such difficulties make sure that you get the best solution that is helpful for solving the error easily.
The .OST File is also known as Offline Storage Table that is used to store your mailbox’s items (like- emails, contacts, and calendars, etc) when you are working with an exchange server and MS Outlook in offline mode. So, if you face such difficulty then you need a solution that fixes your error easily. There are multiple reasons why there are situations wherein error occurs in Outlook OST Files in use and the file cannot get accessed easily.
ERRORS THAT OCCUR IN OUTLOOK OST FILE IN USE AND CANNOT GET ACCESSED!
- Cannot easily display the folder wherein the file outlook OST is in use and cannot get accessed.
- .OST File in use error outlook 2010.2007.2003.
- Outlook 2010 OST File is in use and cannot get accessed easily.
- There occurs a default outlook profile.OST in use and cannot get accessed easily.
REASONS BEHIND OCCURRENCE OF ERROR OUTLOOK.OST FILE IN USE & CANNOT GET ACCESSED:-
- The first & foremost reason is that there is a lack of synchronization between the OST file and the Exchange mailbox.
- Poor Internet Connection.
- Low Server.
- There occurs conflict of other programs like Outlook Application.
- Also, there can be an error due to processes like- LYNC, UCMAPI.EXE, Office communicator 2005/2007, etc that run in the background.
- There can be an error due to mailbox exchanges during sending or receiving.
SOLUTIONS TO FIX ERROR OUTLOOK.OST FILE IS IN USE & CANNOT BE ACCESSED!!
There are multiple types of solutions to resolve this error outlook.OST File in use and cannot get accessed. Firstly, let us know the solution that a maximum of the people opt for thinking that it is free of cost and easy to use. It is a Manual Solution that involves no cost and no involvement of a third party.
MANUAL SOLUTION -1 Stop MS Outlook and Related Process
This method will fix the above listed errors by just following these simple steps:-
- Firstly, you have to close MS Outlook.
- Now go the “Task Manager” in your system
- Hit on “processes” tab.
- After that search:- “LYNC, UCMAPI.EXE, Office communicator, or Outlook” and select “End Task”.
MANUAL SOLUTION -2 Disable Cached Exchange Mode
This is another one solution by which you can fix this error of OST file. With this method you just have to disable the cached Exchange mode by applying some simple steps.
- Close the MS Outlook Application.
- Go to the “Control Panel” and select “Mail”.
- Hit on the “Email Accounts” button, then select “Email” tab.
- Now choose the “Email-ID” and click on the “change”.
- Uncheck “Use Cached Exchange Mode” and Select “Next” then “finish”.
MANUAL SOLUTION -3 Run ScanOST.EXE Tool
Also, you can use the ScanOST.EXE application to fix the error outlook OST is in use and cannot get accessed. Steps to use this tool for fixing error:-
- Close MS Outlook application.
- Open ScanOST.exe
- Choose “Mailbox” and Select “Repair Errors” then “Start Scan”
- It will fix all errors in very little time.
These methods are not a one-click process however it does not ensure the protection of your data. It is not at all sure that you get the data security while fixing the error in the manual solution. Even, this is one of the biggest factors that you need to keep into consideration while fixing the error with assuring your data, details, and information. There is no surety that your file would get converted as per your requirements.
Automated Method to fix this error
The second solution is the Automatic Solution that includes third-party assistance. The name of this utility is eSoftTools OST to PST Converter Software which is a time-saving & effectively-helpful method to Recover OST file data and convert your file with the protection of all your details & information. It is far better than the Manual Solution & is cost-effective too. The third-party solution is better to use & solve all your errors easily.
There are multiple benefits of using an Automatic Solution since it fulfills your requirements. So, you need not worry regarding your data safe with such a solution. The eSoftTools OST Conversion program is really amazing to use & is helpful to solve your problems while fixing the error. So, make sure that you get the best solution so as to fix the errors perfectly to run your file smoothly without any error.