Because of a variety of reasons users requires to move IMAP mail folders in Outlook. If you are also one of the users who want to do this job, then this article will become the answer for you. Here will learn about How to Move Mail IMAP mails to Outlook PST files?
IMAP is a protocol used for syncing your email client and emails available in mail servers. You may set up the email client on any computer to access your emails or IMAP accounts. Email applications like- Outlook, and Gmail provides the interface to view emails from IMAP account.
IMAP protocol assists users to access, move, copy or delete emails from the mail servers without downloading them. Any modifications made on one device will be reflected in all other places.
However, IMAP account data is also prone to a variety of dangers, just like any other digital information. Therefore, doing a regular backup is a good way to keep the mailboxes safe.
For taking a backup of IMAP account mailbox, PST files are the best option. Also, the process of Importing IMAP account emails to Outlook becomes easier by downloading emails from IMAP accounts to PST files.
By completing this job, users become able to access IMAP emails at any time using MS Outlook.
Experts Recommended solution to Move IMAP Folder in Outlook
The ideal method for backing up IMAP mails to PST files is an automated tool. Use eSoftTools IMAP Backup Software if you don’t want any issues when taking an IMAP mail backup.
Without the requirement of any additional program, it will assist you in taking a backup of all your IMAP account mail. You may even export emails from specific mail folders with this software. Here, you can see how this fantastic utility works for taking backups of IMAP account emails.
How to Export IMAP Mail Folders to Outlook PST with IMAP Backup Tool?
Download and install the IMAP backup tool on your computer. After installation, follow the instructions shown below to export IMAP emails to PST files: –
- Launch IMAP Backup Software tool on your computer.
- Select your IMAP-based app from the available options.
- Input your email address, password, and any other necessary details (Host Name & Port).
- Provides all necessary IMAP account details and click on “Authenticate IMAP Login“.
- After logging in, select “Get Backup to Local Drive” from the next opened screen.
- Then, select the file type PST from the available option to save IMAP account mail folders.
- Select other required options, such as Mail Filter and Naming Convention.
- Next, choose a place from your computer to store the resultant PST files.
- Begin the process of downloading IMAP emails to PST files, click the “Backup Now” button.
Sophisticated Features of IMAP Backup Software
- Download and save IMAP Account emails in a variety of file formats locally.
- Save IMAP account emails into PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, HTML, MHTML, MBOX files.
- Extract IMAP account emails and preserve them with all their attributes & properties.
- Move IMAP/Cloud mail servers’ data to other cloud apps, such as Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook.com, Office365, and others.
- Export emails of specific dates from IMAP Server with the aid of the mail filter by date feature.
- Supports all Windows OS versions, including Windows- 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista, etc.
IMAP allows you to access emails stored on a webmail server from web browsers. But for several reasons, users will need to export IMAP account emails to Outlook. If this case is yours, then follow the step-by-step instructions shown above with IMAP Backup software Export IMAP account mail folders to PST files.