Are you searching for a working method to import Windows live mail into Office 365? Well, don’t worry. In this article, we have written the best possible way that can help you to do that. But before that, let’s jumpstart with the reasons why to import mails
Fastest tool to perform WLM Migration
- Windows Live Mail to Office 365 Converter Convert Unlimited emails from WLM mailboxes.
- Provides a preview facility to Export Selective items from Live Mail to Outlook PST or other file format
- Offers 8+ file formats to Convert WLM files including- PST, EMLX, MSG, MBX, NSF, and Office 365
- Provides demo version to make free conversion of selective 25 items of per WLM folder without any charges
Major Reasons for the migration of Windows Live Mail to Office 365
- There are no chances of corruption– Since all the Windows Live Mail database will be there in the Office 365 cloud, hence the chances of corruption is minimal.
- Can access data from anywhere- Another reason users switch to this Office 365 platform is they can access the data from anywhere.
- Regular updates– Microsoft Office 365 provides regular updates to its user with its subscription plan.
Manual Method to Import Windows Live Mail to Office 365
Step 1- Copy mail from Windows Live Mail to Outlook
- In this process, you have to open the Windows Live Mail application >> go to “Export email” >> Select “Export messages“.
- After that, now you have to select Exchange server and press the Next button. Now on the confirmation dialog box, click Yes.
- Select the Windows Live mail folder and now click on OK tab.
After moving WLM files available in Windows Live Mail, now you need to export PST from Outlook with the help of Import/Export.
Step 2-Transfer PST files to Office 365
- In this step, you have to launch MS Outlook application >> Click on file button >> select “Import & Export wizard”.
- Now, a dialogue box will open up and from there you have to select “export a file” >> go to “Personal folder files” or PST and click Next >> select imported Windows Live Mail data.
- You can save these files to the desired location and make it password protected. Then press the OK tab.
After that, you will get PST files on your machine that you need to Transfer into Office 365.
Step 3- Export PST to Office 365
There are two methods of converting PST files to Office 365- Network Upload method and Driving method. Here, we will discuss the network upload method
- Download Azure AzCopy application to convert PST files to OWA.
- Now, the admin can have an overview of uploaded PST files that are mined by Office 365 during the configuration of MS Azure Storage Explorer.
- After transferring the PST files, the admin will generate CSV files that will provide complete data of mailboxes that are exported to Office 365.
- Finally, do an import work in Outlook Web Access that will take details from the CSV file, and you are done.
Limitations of the manual method
- Time-consuming and lengthy;
- Subject to errors
- Can ultimately damage the database
- The method doesn’t work for large-scale database migration.