Last updated: November 2nd, 2020 at 01:32 pm
Due to the remarkable features of Microsoft Office 365, the users are deciding to transfer Lotus Notes data to this Platform. There are multiple reasons why people are switching to Office 365, here in this blog we have mentioned them and also we have provided the method to make Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration.
Smartest application to perform lotus Notes Migration is this eSoftTools Free NSF to PST Converter. This method allow convert NSF file into 9+ file formats including- PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, HTML, MBOX, vCard, CSV, Zimbra. Also offers Gmail, YahooMail, and Office 365 platform to save Lotus Notes database
Reasons for migration of NSF files to Office 365
- Complex Interface- The Lotus Notes email application is complex and the user requires to get technical knowledge to use it. In the case of Office 365, there is no requirement for technical knowledge. Even a layman can do it with ease.
- Easy on pocket– Lotus Notes application created by IBM comes at a higher maintenance cost as compared to Office 365.
- Users can access it on any device– Lotus Notes application is a complex and sophisticated platform. A user can access NSF files only in Lotus Notes. On the other hand, Office 365 is an optimized platform that can be accessed from any device, and from anywhere.
- Other reasons Office 365 provides a detailed search option, and there are lesser chances of corruption in it.
Manually Perform Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration
If you are planning to use the manual method, you should have good technical knowledge of Lotus Notes because the manual method is not a cakewalk for the beginner.
The process of manually Export Lotus Notes to Office 365 is divided into 4 parts
Firstly, Create a backup– Before starting with this process, the user must create a backup so that chances of data loss will be minimized
Second Step– Create a new mailbox, to start the migration- The user should create a new mailbox in Office 365 account to save all Lotus Notes user profiles.
Third Step– Activate the IMAP TCP/IP port for different users.
- Open the domino administrator in Lotus Notes
- Press the configuration tab.
- Click on the server document to implement an IMAP connection.
- Visit the Ports tab and then go to Internet ports and select “Mail” tab.
- AuthorizeIMAP TCP/IP Port.
- Now, press on the save button to save the changes.
Final Step– Use the IMAP Connector– It will help the user to create a migration channel between two IMAP servers and to transport the files.
This method can help to transfer the NSF files without any third-party application.
Limitations of IMAP Connector
- It exports data only email data and can convert only 1500 mails.
- There are restrictions on file conversion.
- The firewall and proxy setting and slow internet connectivity may bother the process.
- The complete migration is not possible.
Rapid Method to Make Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration
To overcome all these hindrances, eSoftTools have launched Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration wizard. It completely transfers the emails, attachments, and other database items of NSF files to Office 365 account easily. You can also have a look at the demo version to understand the features of the software and convert the files without any restriction.
Steps to perform Lotus Notes Migration to Office 365
- Simply Download and Open the eSoftTools NSF Converter
- Click on “Select NSF” button to get the Lotus Notes file
- Browse Lotus Notes .Nsf Database window will open up with providing two options
1) Select NSF File:- By clicking on this button user can put the NSF file automatically from its location.
2) Search NSF Database:- This option is to instantly find the Notes database file by entering its name.
Choose any one option to get the NSF file from your computer and click on Start Scanning.
- Now, the software will provide you a review of the whole inner mailbox items of NSF file after that select the required items.
- Click on Import to Cloud then Office 365 button from the Toolbar.
- Enter your office 365 account details and simply Export Lotus Notes items Microsoft Office 365 Cloud emailing platform