EDB is the short form for Exchange Database file. This file entails all the information like calendars, contacts, signature, tasks, etc. The main objective of creating the file is to have instant access to the information. But somethimes users faces many problems in their Exchange EDB files in this article we will discuss about the reasons and process “How to Convert .edb file to .pst”.
Best Solution designed to make instant recovery and conversion of Exchange Datbaase know as eSoftTools Exchange EDB to PST Converter. This method allow convert EDB file to PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, and HTML just applying simple steps
Why user needs to convert EDB files into PST files.
- Back-up data– At times, it is crucial to back-up specific data from the mailbox. Backing up data using PST is a cost-effective option for the administrators.
- Move data into different devices- The EDB files are not portable and the user cannot move data when needed to other storage devices.
- Corruption in EDB files– It is difficult to recover EDB files when it becomes corrupted. Hence, the user needs to convert it into PST file format.
Method to Convert EDB to PST Manually
To convert EDB files into PST files, you need to download the free software offered by Microsoft Known as Ex-Merge Utility.
- Install Ex-Merge Utility software and now push the start tab.
- Press the export or import two-step procedure and then click on the Next button.
- After this, select extract data from Exchange server mailbox button.
- Now, a window will open up, where the user has to fill the details like- server name, port number, etc. After that, he has to click the next tab.
- Now, press the data selection criteria, and press the import tab and select the archive data and now press OK.
- The next window will open up, and from there you need to select the EDB files to export and press on Next.
- The target directory will be opened up and now the user has to provide details where they wish to store the PST file. Now, click on next.
- You can now see how the export process works. Once it is done, you have to click the finish button.
- Now, the task of export from EDB to PST is completed.
Limitations of this method
- There are chances that during transfer data loss may occur.
- It supports earlier exchange versions only like Exchange 2003 and earlier ones.
- There is a limitation while exporting data.
- It is a time-consuming process.
Mechanical Method to Convert EDB file to PST
To convert EDB files into PST file, there are different manual methods, but each one suffers from the limitations mentioned above. If the user wants to overcome all these limitations and want professional software, it is advised to install EDB to PST converter launched by eSoftTools. This tool suppresses all the limitations and provides guaranteed results. A free demo version is also available for the users to make the conversion of EDB file without any charges.
Check Out some other method to convert EDB file to PST from here:- Convert EDB to PST Manually