Last updated: March 8th, 2021 at 04:05 pm
Lotus Notes and MS Outlook are both advanced email migration programs that help users to send and receive mails, save contacts, to-do lists, and much more. In this article, we will discuss both the applications in detail, the reasons for migration, and the manual method to Transfer emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook 2016.
Download eSoftTools NSF to PST Converter Software to transfer emails, contacts, calendars, and other items of Lotus Notes to Outlook PST and also users can uses it to convert NSF file to PST, Zimbra, vCard, CSV, MBOX, HTML, Gmail, Office 365, YahooMail, and many more file types.
Lotus Notes– Lotus Notes is an email program that uses NSF file format to save contacts and other details. It supports the Dominos server and operates on POP3 and SMTP as mail protocol.
Outlook- on the other hand, MS Outlook uses PST file format to save the details of the user and it supports MS Exchange server.
However; due to the latest and advanced features the businesses like to work on MS Outlook rather than Lotus Notes application.
Reasons why the users need to migrate to MS Outlook
- MS Outlook has a user-friendly interface; due to this reason, even a non-technical person can easily use this application.
- In Lotus Notes application, the user cannot access multiple accounts simultaneously, every time he needs to add authentication detail which is time-consuming.
- MS Outlook is a freely available software and its errors can easily be corrected by novice users. On the other hand, Lotus Notes has a complex user interface.
- The users migrate the files for back-up purposes.
- MS Outlook has various advanced features and can be synchronized with the smartphone and the users can access their mails even in an offline mode. This is another reason behind conversion.
Transfer emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook 2016 manually?
Yes, you can manually transfer Lotus Notes NSF files to MS Outlook PST file
There are two steps involved in the conversion
Step 1- Export Lotus Notes Files to CSV file
- Launch IBM Notes application on the computer
- Open the database file by clicking on File menu, and then press the open tab and select NSF data for migration.
- Press the file tab from the taskbar and select “export” from the options.
- In the export tab, select save as option after browsing the location where you want to save the file. There would be many options available but you have to select CSV (comma-separated value) and now click on export button.
- Now you have to define the options and press OK to save the file.
Step 2 Import CSV files to Outlook
- Now, start MS Outlook on the computer
- Visit the file option
- Click on Open and Export and then select Import/Export wizard.
- From import file dialogue box, select the file that you wish to import comma-separated value and now press next to further the process.
- Search the location where you have saved the earlier CSV file. Now, click on next to complete the process.
- Select the database folder from where you wish to import the data it will take some time to process data. Once it is done, you can click the finish button.
Transfer emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook 2016 through NSF to PST Converter
The eSoftTools NSF to PST Converter Software has an interactive interface that helps users to migrate emails effortlessly from Lotus Notes to Outlook. The user can save the NSF file items in several unique file formats like- PST, EML, MSG, and many more.
The software also provides a filter option that helps users to make the migration of selective email items. It is compatible with all Lotus Notes up to and Outlook version including- 2019, 2016, 2010, and below versions.
A free demo version is available for this software and once you are satisfied, you can purchase the license key for the product.