If you use Outlook for business or personal purposes, you must periodically back up your Outlook emails in case of data loss. If you’re looking for a way to save emails from Outlook to a computer, you’ve come to the right place. In this tutorial, we’ll show you different ways to save Outlook emails to a computer or external hard drive, each with a step-by-step guide.
How to Save Outlook Emails to Computer or External drive
Simply follow these steps to save emails from Outlook to a Windows folder:-
Method 1:- Save an Email Message as a File
First, let’s look at how to save messages in Outlook as files. If you want a backup copy of the email on your machine.
- To begin, open the message you wish to save. Tap the “File” menu from the email window.
- Choose the “Save As” option.
- Navigate to the place where you want to save the file in the “Save As” menu, and then give it a name.
- You can also save the message as different types of files using the “Save As Type” dropdown menu. The default is the Outlook Message Format- Unicode. If you choose that, you can just double-click the file to open it in Outlook again. But, there are a few other options you can choose from, as well:-
Text Only:- Save a message as a Text file with this option. (Only the words are saved, not the formatting or images.
Outlook Template:- You can extend the formatting to future emails by saving your message as an Outlook Template. When you open the file, Outlook produces a new message with the file’s contents, which you can answer and submit.
HTML:- By saving your email as an HTML document, you can view your email message with browser as a website. Any web browser will be able to open the post.
MHT:- A web page archive file, also known as an MHT file. An MHT file, contains all of the text, code, images, and other media in a single file.
- Click the “Save” button.
Method 2:- Save Email Message as a PDF
You can also save your email as a PDF using the built-in PDF printer in Microsoft Office. Saving a message as a PDF is a perfect way to keep a backup copy that you’ll be able to read with all of the formatting intact.
- Tap the “File” menu in the message pane.
- Select the “Print” option.
- Select the “Microsoft Print to PDF” choice from the “Printer” dropdown menu. Then press the “Print” button.
- Select the location where you want to save your PDF file in the “Save PDF As” window that appears, type a filename, and then press the “Save” button.
Save emails from Outlook files without an Automated solution
You should try advanced file backup programs like eSoftTools Outlook Recovery tool if you don’t want to waste time and energy copying & exporting Outlook emails from Outlook PST/OST files one by one.
This powerful tool allows you to backup Outlook emails in an automatic, time-saving, and direct manner. It not only allows you to save Outlook emails to your desktop or external hard drive, but it also allows you to back up Outlook’s additional data, such as emails, schedules, contacts, and other items.
You can backup Outlook emails to a hard drive or an external hard drive using any of the three solutions outlined in this article. A manual approach as well as an automated solution are available. Since manual methods have certain disadvantages, it is preferable to use automated tool for Outlook email backup.