Last updated: September 25th, 2021 at 01:44 pm
The exchange server is one of the most popular mail servers that allow users to perform secure emailing tasks. In contrast, an OST file is an Outlook offline folder that allows users to work offline in an Exchange environment. These files are extremely useful for maintaining work consistency even in the face of inconsistent communication and a non-Exchange environment.
However, sometimes when synchronizing the Outlook OST file with the MS Exchange Server the following error message appears in the ‘Sync Issues‘ folder:-
Reasons for 8004011D-526-80040115 Synchronization Error
When users use Outlook cache permitted mode with MS Exchange server, they have the option of operating in offline mode. They get synchronization errors like 8004011D-526-80040115 when they try to synchronize the offline data with the Exchange server mailbox. This has happened as a result of the following factors:-
- Outlook OST file corruption
- Network connectivity problems.
- Server is down or unavailable.
- Issues with Outlook profile
- Accidental shutdown or power failure while synchronization.
Manual Methods to Fix Outlook OST Synchronization Error 8004011D-526-80040115
There are several options for resolving the synchronization error in Outlook. To solve the problem, you can take the following steps:-
- You should resynchronize your Outlook OST file with MS Exchange server.
- Try to identify any network issues with your connection and then resynchronize after they have been resolved.
- Recreate Outlook profile that is experiencing synchronization issues.
- If you have a new and modified data backup saved in an Exchange OST. It also can be a reason for corruption. So try restoring the previous data.
- Examine your profile settings to ensure that the default delivery destination is right.
- To fix an Outlook OST synchronization bug, run the OST Integrity Tool.
- Uninstall any anti-virus software that might have been installed on your computer.
If none of the above methods succeed in resolving OST synchronization error, the OST file has most possibly been corrupted. The approach that can be used for this reason is to simply use the third-party tool.
Fix Outlook OST Synchronization Error with this Excellent solution
You can also delete the OST file that is causing the synchronization error. Then Outlook will automatically create a new OST file and retrieve all data from an MS Exchange Server server. If an OST file with local data is not available on a server, you can export all of the data to a PST file. For doing this users can use eSoftTools OST Recovery Software. This tool will allow you to recover lost data from corrupt OST and also provides the feature to convert OST files to working PST file format. OST Recovery tool is created for users to assist users in learning how to deal with Outlook OST file corruption errors without compromising their security.
In this blog, we have discussed the reasons for the occurrence of Outlook OST synchronization error 8004011D-526-80040115. In addition, the solution to fix OST file Synchronization & Corruption Issues in Outlook is defined, which will assist users in properly performing the synchronization.