Before we dive into the technical details of how to Export Exchange 2010 Mailbox to PST files, let us look at some of the reasons as to why there could be a need for such a conversion of EDB to PST.
- The format of the PST file is a very handy format that finds support from the Outlook email client. Since these files are not dependent on the user profiles, they can be effortlessly archived or moved.
- To make the Exchange servers more manageable as storage in the PST format because of EDB file uses more space.
- For Making recovery of deleted files a Backup of Exchange Mailbox as a PST file can be helpful.
Methods to Export EDB to PST
Now that we have seen some of the reasons for this need, let us look at the various techniques to Export Exchange 2010 mailbox to a PST.
Method 1: Exchange Admin Center or (EAC)
This method is much easier than Powershell or EMS (Exchange Management Shell) because it is a GUI based technique. It uses the following steps to export EDB mailbox to PST:-
- Login as “administrator” in EAC.
- Next, go to “Recipients > Mailboxes”
- Select “More Option”.
- From the dropdown list select the “Export to PST file” option.
- Then from the list of user mailboxes, select the one you need to export.
- Next, select the relevant radio button for “export of …mailbox” or “export of…archive” and click “Next”.
- In the next dialogue box specify the unique shared folder path to save the PST file and click “Next”.
- Now browse to select the account with the “Import/Export” permission and click on finish.
This will start the export process and on completion, an email will be received by the relevant user from MS Exchange. However, there is no means of checking the progress in this process.
Method 2: Automated Technique to Export Exchange Mailbox to PST
After having looked at the manual methods and their limitations along with the fact that a good amount of technical knowledge is required to use them. So we can look at automated options to Export Exchange mailbox to PST. There are many options available in the market but eSoftTools EDB to PST Converter software needs a special mention. It is very easy to use and offers some advanced features to easily performs the conversion.
Export EDB to PST by following these simple steps –
- Download and open eSoftTools EDB converter
- Next, select the “Add file” button and choose the relevant Exchange EDB file needed for conversion/recovery and press “Next”.
- Now “Browse” the location of the EDB file and select the relevant file.
- Now it generates a live preview of all inner mailbox items of the EDB file as well as the mails.
- Select the applicable mailbox items and click on the “Export file” from the toolbar.
- A list of file formats will be shown on your screen, simply select Outlook PST or any one of them and begin the export process by clicking on “Start Export”
- On completion of export, you can see confirmation in the dialogue box.
You can see for yourself “how this tool makes the conversion of Exchange mailbox so simple and quick”.
For More Info, Visit Here:- Export Exchange Mailbox to PST