Microsoft Outlook is a renowned email application that is conglomerated with Microsoft Exchange. Though on a primary basis it is an email client, Outlook also includes such functions as calendaring, task managing, contact managing, note-taking, and so on.
It shores up two email file formats, like in the case of the PST file and OST file which simplifies the access to email messages from MS Outlook.
The OST or Offline Storage Table files duplicate the email items stored in the Exchange mailboxes.
In case the user catches sight of some errors in the OST files or OST files being corrupted, then there are a lot of chances, the MS Outlook cannot detect the location of OST files.
So, it has become a common issue in Outlook. While the user is working in the Outlook, there may be a message displayed on the screen such as “Outlook is not able to find the OST file” or “The OST file cannot be located in Outlook ”.
Reasons for the problem “Outlook OST file missing”
- In case of data crash i.e. some issues in the hard disk.
- If the OST file is corrupted, then it becomes quite arduous for MS Outlook to access the OST file.
- If the OST file is too large to be handled, then a message will pop out i.e. Outlook OST file missing.
- While synchronizing Outlook to Exchange Server, if the power suddenly goes off.
The best way to muddle along with this problem is not to interfere with the OST settings. Rather the best choice is to convert the OST file to a workable PST file. After conversion, the file can be easily shifted to the desired location whichever is required.
By attaining such a method, no worthless techniques will be applied; time management and even files will be saved from any further error or corruption.
Best Method to Resolve Error Outlook OST (.ost) file Missing
The easiest technique to resolve outlook OST (.ost) file missing error and convert OST to PST file is by using a reliable and competent third-party tool. Now, the best option for the conversion of OST files to PST files is eSoftTools Convert OST To PST Software
Key Features of OST to PST Tool
- Designed to instantly fix all common and unique OST file errors, including OST internal errors, service-specific errors, and much more.
- Simplifies and accelerates the conversion of OST file to PST file format.
- The application can also export accidentally deleted OST folders and files with all the data intact and complete.
- The user can convert an OST file to PST within three steps.
- All types of users may be the experts in technology or non-technical persons, can easily utilize this free software.
Steps to Repair OST file Error
Step 1– Download and Install OST Recovery Tool in your machine
Step 2– Open the software and click on “Select OST” button to Select OST file.
Step 3– Now a window appear with 2 options to get the OST file:-
(1) Select OST File
(2) Search OST Database
Select anyone option to get the OST file and click on the “Start scanning” button to repair OST
Step 4- After that, it shows a preview of all OST file inner components, simply select the required items or entire database.
Step 5- Now click on the Save OST button to Export OST items into another working file type like- PST.
Step 6– Simply Click on the Export to PST button and choose the file saving location and click on “Convert” button to start the conversion.
Several manual methods have been offered for resolving the error “Outlook OST file Missing” But those methods may or may not be safe. And they cannot give 100% guaranteed assurance and even the user can suffer losses. So, the full proof way by which the MS Outlook can locate OST files is making the conversion of OST file to PST with eSoftTools OST to PST Converter.