Last updated: December 6th, 2021 at 09:04 am
When opening Microsoft Outlook, in some situations, user gets an error like- “The Path Specified for the PST file is not Valid”. There can be various reasons behind this error. Through this blog post, we’ve outlined some easy ways with stepwise instructions to fix this Outlook error. So, read this complete blog, to get complete details.
When a create a new Profile in Outlook with POP3 option, it automatically creates a new PST data file. This file uses by Outlook to stores all data items (like- mail, calendar, contacts, rules, and so on). Depending on your Windows or Office version, the Outlook save the PST file by default on different places in users hard drive.
The error “The path supplied for the file PST is not valid” can occur in all editions of MS Outlook, including- 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, and below editions. It usually appears, if MS Outlook is unable to find/load PST file that has a connection with Outlook profile. Apart from that, there might be a variety of causes behind the occurrence of these error messages.
Al;so Read:- How to Repair POP3 PST files in Outlook
Reasons behind Outlook Error “Specified PST file Path is not valid”
- Manual or Accidental Changes in location of Outlook PST files from user drive.
- Increaseing size issues or oversized PST file problem
- A Corrruption error in Outlook PST files
Manual Fixes to resolve Outlook error “The path specified for PST file is not valid”
- From the open file location option of Outlook to check the default location of PST file. Search the PST file of your configured Outlook profile from your local drive. Then move the PST file to default location of Outlook.
- Make use of the compact features of Outlook to reduce the size of Outlook data file. Also, you can remove uneccesory items from Outlook PST file.
- Make use of inbuilt utility Inbox Repair Tool(ScanPST.exe) of Outlook for repairing corruption error.
- Configure a new profile Outlook and import your older PST files in Outlook.
Apply these methods and relaunch Outlook to verify if the ‘PST file is not valid’ problem if fixed or not. This solution works, but sometimes user becomes unable to fix Outlook by using these techniques.
In this scenario, the only technique which will help you is using an automated solution.
Automated Solution to Resolve All Outlook Error Instantly
In most cases, all errors comes in Outlook before of corrupt PST files. If your also getting corruption “The path specified for PST file is not valid” for this reason, the solution which will help you is eSoftTools Outlook Recovery Tool.
This utility will securely repair corrupt PST file and allow to create new healthy PST file with all mailbox data. In addition this tool also help to reduce PST file size with its free Split feature. Also, it works with recover/repair PST files of all edition of MS Outlook including- 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and below version.
How to Repair PST files with Outlook Recovery Tool?
- Download and launch Outlook Recovery Tool to your computer.
- From the software’s first screen and click the Select PST button.
- Select “Select File” or “Search Outlook Mailbox” to add your corrupt Outlook PST files.
- After you import your PST file, press the start scanning button.
- Begin scanning process to fix PST file corruption problems and extract all data from the PST file.
- After this a preview of all mailbox folders and objects you will see in the software’s preview panel.
- Select required folders from the list of PST folders and objects, and then click the Save PST button.
- Select Export to PST option from the list of conversion choices, to move your older PST file to new PST file.
- Use other options, such as a mail filter and file saving location.
- Finally, click the Convert button to convert the corrupt PST file to a new working PST file.
Now move the repaired PST file to the original location and launch Outlook. This should fix the ‘PST file is not Valid’ error.
After that, move the new PST file to its original place and restart Outlook. Now you will see that you have repair “The Path Specified for the PST file is not Valid” Outlook error. (You can also try to configure a new profile and import PST files method in Outlook easily).
When a accidently move PST file from its original place, this can obtain error “The Path Specified for the PST file is not Valid” in Outlook. This problem may be resolve by identifying the PST file and relocating it to its original place. If you are facing this error because of PST file corruption, you can utilise ScanPST to repair PST file and resolve this problem. If this method doesn’t work, you can try the above mentioned tool, eSoftTools Outlook Recovery Software to resolve corruption problem. You can also try its demo edition to analyse it working process for free.