Are you a user who previously used Thunderbird email client, but now want to move your data to IMAP servers? If this is your scenario, then you can get your answer in this blog post. Here, in this blog post, we are going to describe the complete steps to Move Thunderbird Local Folders to IMAP Server.
As compared to desktop applications, using an IMAP account is more beneficial for users. With IMAP accounts users get the facility to access emails from any location and device in this entire world. Also, IMAP accounts provide the facility of storing users data to cloud servers which helps users to free up some space from their local drive. But desktop-based applications don’t provide these kinds of features. Also, desktop-based applications create various problems for users in various situations.
As a result, nowadays, most users prefer using IMAP account for emailing. For this reason, many users are want to switch from their desktop-based applications like- Thunderbird to IMAP accounts.
Now let’s see what is a method to perform Thunderbird to IMAP server Migration.
Smart Solution to Move Thunderbird Local Folders to IMAP Server
When users require to transfer Thunderbird mail folders to IMAP account, in that situation the eSoftTools Thunderbird to IMAP Migration Tool will become helpful for them. This is the fastest utility that allows users to directly move local folders from Thunderbird profile to IMAP server. At a single time, this software offers to export multiple profiles and mailbox folders of Thunderbird to IMAP accounts. In addition, with this tool exporting only required files is also possible with the mail filter option. While migration, users get the facility to create a new folder to their IMAP account for storing Thunderbird profile data.
Steps to Import Local Folders from Thunderbird Profile to IMAP Server
- Download and perform installation of eSoftTools Thunderbird to IMAP Migration tool on your windows-based computer.
- Click the Add File/Folder button from the software’s first screen.
- Now choose the option Auto-load Thunderbird profile and hit the Next button. (User can also choose the Select MBOX file and Select MBOX folder option to add thunderbird files manually).
- Load all Thunderbird profiles and Mail folders in the software and get a live preview of each item.
- Now make a selection of required folders from the list of thunderbird profiles.
- Hit the Import to Cloud button from menubar and from the drop-down list choose the Import to IMAP Server option.
- Now in the next opened screen provide your IMAP account credentials (Email ID, Password and Hostname).
- Enter a folder name to create a new folder to your IMAP account and use mail filter to move emails of some specific dates.
- Finally, hit on Convert and start the process of moving Thunderbird local folders to IMAP Server account.
Amazing features of Thunderbird to IMAP Migration tool
- With simple steps directly move all mail folders from Thunderbird profile to IMAP Server.
- Export multiple thunderbird profile’s data to IMAP account in a single process.
- Mail filter option is also available for users to move emails of specific dates from Thunderbird profiles.
- Able to transfer selective single as well as multiple mail folder at single time.
- Provides option to create a new folder to IMAP account with user’s specified name.
- Offers users to manually select a single file as well as folders containing thunderbird MBOX/MSF files.
- Has a reliable interface and any type of user can access this software with any previous knowledge.
- Perform the migration with complete security and provides 100% accurate results.
- Also, company first provides a demo edition facility by which users can Import upto 25 emails from per folder of thunderbird profile to IMAP account for free.
We have written this blog post, for the users who are unable to Move Thunderbird Local Folders to IMAP Server. By using Thunderbird to IMAP Migration tool and following the above-given steps using can easily transfer their thunderbird profile data to any IMAP account. For a quick demo software functionality, all users can try the demo edition of this tool.