For a variety of reasons, many users want to save Outlook email to separate MSG files. If you are also one of those users who want to do this task, then this blog is for you. In this write-up, we will explain the complete steps to Export Outlook Email to MSG File from PST.
With performing email sending/receiving jobs Outlook also offers users to locally store their profile’s data. For this Outlook uses PST files that support saving complete users’ profile data with all emails, contacts, calendars and other things. In addition to saving a complete mailbox to PST files, Outlook also allows users to save individual email and other items to separate files. For separately saving emails, contacts, calendars, and other items separately outlook offers an MSG file format.
There are a lot of benefits of saving Outlook items in separate MSG files, that’s why many users want to save their data items to MSG files.
So, now let’s see what is the process to Export Outlook Email to MSG File from PST.
How to Export Outlook Emails to MSG files Manually?
- Firstly, open Outlook application and your configured profile.
- Open a mail folder and choose required email and press the File button from menubar.
- Next, click on Save As option and choose a location for saving output files.
- Input a name for resultant file and select the Save As Type as “Outlook Message Format- Unicode(*.msg)”
- Finally, click the Save button to and save your Outlook email in separate MSG file.
User can also save their Outlook email to MSG files by drag and drop method. For this simply select your Outlook email and move it to the folder where you want to save your MSG file.
Limitation of Manual method to Export Outlook Email as MSG file
- At a single time user can save a single email in MSG file.
- Requires an accessible or working Outlook profile.
- For using this method users will need Outlook application
Instant Method to Save/Export Outlook Email to MSG File in Bulk
To save Outlook emails as MSG files in bulk without any limitation the method which will help you is using automated third-party software. For this users must use eSoftTools Outlook Recovery Tool also known as PST to MSG Converter Software. This single tool can allow users to export Outlook email to MSG files as well as do multiple other types of work. In addition to healthy PST files, it also offers to extract or export emails from corrupt and encrypted PST files. Through this amazing tool in a single process, users can also export multiple emails from PST to MSG files in a single process.
Steps to Export Outlook Emails to MSG files with PST Converter
- Download, Install Outlook Recovery/PST to MSG Converter to your computer.
- Open the software and press the Select PST button from its first screen.
- Choose single file conversion or bulk file conversion mode and click on Next.
- Select and Add your outlook PST file in the software for exporting emails.
- The software will now extract all emails and other components from PST files.
- Choose necessory folders from PST files and click the Save PST button from menubar.
- Now choose Export to MSG option from conversion options list.
- Use mail filter and naming convention option and select a location to store output MSG files.
- In the final step click on Convert and easily export all Outlook emails as MSG files.
For various reasons, Outlook users need to save/export Outlook emails to MSG files. Saving email as MSG file in Outlook manually is possible. But the manual process has various limitations as well as takes a lot of time of users. So, our recommendation is you must go with the automated method of using PST to MSG Converter. Through this tool, users can easily export emails from Outlook to MSG files with ease. Also, users will get the option to save multiple emails from their outlook profile in a single process.