Last updated: January 20th, 2021 at 05:26 pm
Microsoft Outlook has become a common way of sending and receiving emails on daily basis. Outlook stores all its data in a PST file including- emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, etc. However, sometimes the PST files exceed its file size limit and Outlook got unable to work properly. For fixing this problem the only available option is split large PST file into smaller parts. In this article, we will learn the manual and direct methods to split .pst files in Microsoft Outlook.
All in one solution fix all Outlook related problems, smartly Repair, Split, Recover lost mailbox components, & Convert PST file with eSoftTools Outlook Recovery Software.
Features of the software
- Split large PST in multiple small sized PST files and Convert PST into New PST, MSG, vCard, CSV, MBOX, HTML, Office 365
- Repair corrupt PST & Recover lost emails, contacts, caendars, etc from corrupt PST file
- Supports different versions of Outlook including- 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and below version .
PST file- PST is a default file of Outlook that contains all data including emails, contacts, reminders, and much more. Because of its huge size, it becomes difficult to manage them. Hence, it becomes necessary to split this PST file.
Manual methods to Split large PST files in Outlook
To manage PST files, you need to follow below-mentioned steps.
Method 1- Utilize Import Export wizard
- Launch Microsoft Outlook
- Visit File >> Open and Export >> Import/Export
- Select Export to a file and then press Outlook Data file(.pst) & Click the Next tab
- Select the required folder that you wish to export
- Then click on browse tab and select the location where you wish to save resulted PST file
- Give the new name for PST files and click on the finish tab.
Also Read:- How to Repair Microsoft Outlook PST File
Method 2- Use Archive method
- Open Outlook Application
- Go to the File tab Click Info >> Tools >> Clean Up Old Items.
- Select a Folder to archive
- Click on Browse to save archive file at desired location Click OK to end the process.
Challenges of the manual method
The manual method to split Outlook PST files is
- Time consuming
- Requires technical expertise
- This method is not valid if the task is tedious.
Automated Tool to manage or split PST files
eSoftTools have launched a software that is a comprehensive way to split PST file and also repair corrupt PST files. The Outlook Recovery software allow users to extract contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, journals, email items from PST into a new PST and also split this PST file in several small parts in a very easy manner. The software is free from virus and can split PST files without any size limitations.
How to use this tool to split PST files?
- Run the Outlook Recovery application in your computer
- Click on Add PST button to open next window.
- From the opened window choose the option select PST file and Browse PST files then hit on start scanning.
- After this all inner components of PST file will now appear on your screen.
- Select the required items and click on Save PST
- Now choose the option Export to PST and select split PST option and give it a size from provided options.
- Select the location where you want to save the resulted file and click on Convert
After doing this process you will see that the split process is done and you have reduce the size of your PST files.