Last updated on September 27th, 2021 at 03:01 pm
It many times happens, when a user tries to open MS Outlook and faces an error message “Outlook is using an Old Copy of your Outlook Data file (.ost)”. This suggests that your Outlook OST files are corrupt and you are not able to access Outlook mailbox items. Well, it is a common error and you don’t need to worry. In this write-up, we will discuss the techniques that will fix this Outlook error.
Reasons for the error
- Virus Infections
- Sudden crash of the operating system
- Improper up-gradation of Outlook system
How to fix the error “Outlook is using an Old Copy of your Outlook Data file”?
Method – 1
- Visit the control panel and open the mail items
- Press on the show profile tab and select the profile
- Now, click the properties
- Press the email accounts
- Press view or change e-mail accounts and then press the next tab.
- Visit the Microsoft Exchange server account and click on the change tab.
- A dialog box will be seen with the mailbox server and username, press the setting tab.
- In the Microsoft Exchange server, press the security tab.
- Select encrypt data that is seen between Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange server check box and press OK
Once you complete the steps, the error message Outlook is using an Old Copy of your Outlook Data file (.ost) will be resolved. But if the problem still persists and you are not able not to repair the error, follow the steps mentioned below to delete the OST file
- Visit my computer or file explorer
- Navigate to this command
C:\Users\<your login name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
- Delete the files that have a .ost extension.
- Ensure that you delete the files with OST, extension not PST
- Now start Outlook, and you will see that a new OST file is created
Users can try this method to fix this Outlook error but we also want to tell you that it is not a safe way. Because by applying these methods user has to delete their OST file that has lots of important databases.
Now the best method to resolve this Outlook error is Convert OST to PST Outlook file to use the corrupt OST file data in Outlook through PST file.
Best free utility to Resolve Outlook error & Convert OST to PST
eSoftTools have launched innovative software OST to PST converter tool to solve the problem. This tool helps to repair corrupted OST and remove OST errors within seconds. Simply utilize this free program and Convert OST to PST to remove the error Outlook is using an Old Copy of your Outlook Data file (.ost) from MS Outlook.
How to use eSoftTools OST to PST Converter
Here are the steps to run this application:-
- Download & Install OST to PST software.
- Launch this tool and click on the Select OST button.
- Now from the next with choose any one option from:-
1) Select file:-
2) Search OST, PST, & NST mailbox
Note:- You can convert OST, PST, and NST file through this single tool
- After choosing any one option, simply click on the Start Scanning Process button.
- Now, this software will automatedly load all mailboxes and inner components of OST files. From their choose the required or entire items of OST.
- Press on Save OST tab to save your OST files into PST or different formats.
- Select the Export to PST option and choose the location to save the resulted PST file.
- Now click on Convert to easily start the OST Conversion process.
After completing these steps you will get your New PST file with your old OST file data. You can use this PST file with Outlook and easily fix this error “Outlook is using an Old Copy of your Outlook Data file (.ost)“