Last updated on April 27th, 2023 at 02:45 pm
Microsoft Outlook email client creates a Personal Storage Table (PST) file to store email messages. In addition to emails, PST files also store contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, and other Outlook mailbox components. Several reasons such as large mailboxes, network drives, inappropriate Outlook shutdown, etc., direct to corruption in PST files. When any corruption enters in PST file you should repair it or perform the Outlook file recovery process.
Thus to get rid of these issues there comes a tool called “Inbox Repair Utility”, also known as “Scanpst.exe”. This is an inbuilt function of MS Outlook to repair PST files for free. But this utility has some limitations and sometimes it doesn’t provide the expected results.
Manually Repair Microsoft Outlook PST File
Before going to the actual procedure of repairing the PST file you should make a backup of the Outlook database from the PST file.
- Start the ScanPST tool of Microsoft Outlook.
- Click on the Browse button and select the corrupt PST file for repairing, and then click on Start.
- Start the scanning process
- Now hit the Repair button and start the repairing process.
- After completing the repairing process, simply import the repaired PST file in MS Outlook.
Automated Tool to Repair Microsoft Outlook PST File
To free yourselves from the situation error of corruption error, you should go with a reliable tool as a PST repair solution.
Here is the eSoftTools PST Repair Tool that works as an automated solution to repair Microsoft Outlook PST files and Export its inner mailbox items to multiple different platforms such as- EML, OFFICE 365, MBOX, or EMLX file format.
How to use eSoftTools Outlook PST Recovery Software?
- Launch eSoftTools Outlook PST Repair Tool on your PC, and click “Add PST” to search for corrupt Outlook PST files from the local drive.
- Select the desired PST file and hit on Start scanning button to fix the corruption error.
- Now you will see that the internal items of PST files are on the screen.
- Choose the required items and click on Save PST button.
- Click the “Export to PST” option, and Select a path which you prefer to save the repaired pst file.
- Hit on “Convert” to make corrupt PST file again a healthy PST file.
Repairing corrupt PST files and extracting the inner database including- tasks, journals, notes, and contacts, with a rapid scan. The user should go with the automated eSoftTools Outlook Recovery Software. Through this application, any kind of PST file error that prevents you from opening or viewing the file can be fixed too.