Last updated on January 23rd, 2023 at 06:13 pm
Using Outlook desktop client to send and receive emails of Outlook Web Access account? But now come into a situation, where you are facing Synchronization issues. If this similar case is yours, then with this article you can find your solution. Here we talk about the causes and fix Outlook and OWA Synchronization issues.
MS Outlook is one of the most popular applications that users use on their desktops. Users use Outlook desktop for email sending/receiving from their desktops locally. On another hand Outlook Web Access (OWA) is a web-based service offered by Microsoft. It enables users to access their email profiles from web browsers.
Outlook desktop and Outlook web access account users can use to manage Exchange or Microsoft 365 email accounts. From MS Outlook users share emails and the changes they automatically get in their Outlook web access profile.
Repair and Convert Outlook OST files smartly
Easily fix all Outlook OST file errors with eSoftTools OST Recovery Software. Swiftly recover Outlook mailbox items and export them to Outlook PST files with ease. Repair corrupt OST files and recover Outlook emails, contacts, calendars, and other items.
What are Outlook and OWA Synchronization Issues?
MS Outlook and Outlook Web Access are both services users use with a single email account. Each sent or received email is the first Outlook saves in the OST file and all the changes that the user has made in the OST files users get on the OWA account.
But sometimes Outlook and OWA because unable to send or receive emails properly. That we know as Outlook and OWA synchronization error.
Indications of Synchronization issue within Outlook & OWA
There are some symptoms that users will get while getting synchronization issues among Outlook and OWA: –
- Outlook displays error messages while synchronizing data from the OST file to the Exchange mailbox.
- If after OST file synchronization, synced items of OST are missing in OWA account.
- If you are getting new issues in the Outlook Sync Issues folder.
Reasons for Outlook and OWA Synchronization problems
There can be several causes behind this problem with Outlook, below mentioned are some of the major reasons: –
- Internet Connection failure
- Incompatible Outlook Add-ons
- Hard and Software related problems
- Corrupt Outlook profile or data file
Quick Methods to Resolve Synchronization Problem between Outlook & OWA
Apply the solutions shown below to easily fix Outlook and OWA synchronization issues: –
Solution 1: – Check and Resolve the Internet Connection
Internet connectivity problems can be the reasons for the Outlook and OWA synchronization failure. Because of poor internet connection, Outlook OST files become unable to send data or import new items. The same things users also see in their OWA accounts.
So, use windows troubleshooting service and test the network. Check the internet connection and fix it for resolving this synchronization issue.
Solution 2: – View Sync Issues Folder
Resolve synchronization difficulties between Outlook and Outlook Web App by using the synchronization logs (available in the Sync Issues folder).
- Click the three dots from the bottom of the navigation pane and select the “Folders” option.
- Now view the Sync Issues folder and its three inner subfolders.
- Local Errors: – Contains items that the local Outlook data file/OST is unable to send to the mailbox server.
- Conflicts: – Contains numerous copies of conflicting mail items.
- Server Failures: – Preserves mail items that the mailbox server was unable to synchronize to OWA account.
- Remove all items from these Sync Issues folders and their subfolders. Restart Outlook and wait for auto-synchronization.
If you still facing syncing errors, then follow the methods shown below to resolve the synchronization problem.
Solution 3: – Sync OST file with Exchange Server Mailbox Manually
While Outlook is open press the F9 button or presses the ‘Update Folder’ button under the ‘Send/Receive’ tab to start the manual syncing process. This will start syncing data from Outlook OST files to Exchange or Microsoft 365 server mailboxes.
After resolving the issue, turn on auto-sync and start sending/receiving data again.
Solution 4: – Enable Auto-Synchronization
- Open MS Outlook application and Navigate to File>Options>Advanced option.
- Select the “Send immediately when connected” option from Send and Receive section.
- Click the “Send/Receive” button, and select the “Perform an automatic send/receive when exiting” option.
- Click on “Close >> OK,” and restart Outlook application.
Solution 5: – Repair OST files with (Inbox Repair Tool (scanPST.exe))
Corruption issues in OST file also can be a reason for Outlook and OWA synchronization issues. Users can smoothly repair minor corruption issues of OST files using the Inbox Repair Tool or SCANPST.EXE.
- Move to the Microsoft Office installation directory and search for SCANPST.EXE tool.
- Open the tool, click on ‘Browse’ and select/add your OST file from its location.
- After importing OST file, click on ‘Start’ to begin the corruption error scanning process.
- Click the ‘Repair’ button and start fixing all OST file errors with inbox repair tool.
Solution 6: – Recreate OST file in MS Outlook
The best solution which will definitely provide you the best result for fixing Outlook and OWA sync issues is the method of rebuilding OST files.
Delete old OST file or move it to a safe location and restart Outlook application. After this, Outlook will create a new OST file and begin downloading all mailbox items again and fix the issue of Outlook and Outlook account syncing.
Working steps –
- Open MS Outlook application, & navigate to File>>Account Settings>> Account settings.
- Click on “Data File” tab and select your email profile and click on “Open File Location..”
- Cut the OST file from this location and paste it to another safe location.
- Restart MS Outlook application and now Outlook will automatically create a new OST file on user’s drive.
- Also, Outlook will download all data from the Exchange mailbox again inside the OST file and fix sync issues.
The synchronization issues with Outlook and OWA may occur because of different reasons. All the possible techniques that can help users fix this problem have shown in this blog post. Now try all the above-discussed methods to fix Outlook and OWA Synchronization Issues.
Also, try eSoftTools OST to PST Converter Software to easily fix other Outlook OST and PST file-related issues.