Last updated on January 28th, 2022 at 10:32 am
Sometimes users face various corruption errors while accessing Outlook application. One of those errors is Outlook.PST is not a Personal Folder file. If you are also facing this problem in Outlook, then you can get an answer here. In this blog post, we will talk about the quick solutions repair error “PST is not a Personal Folder file“.
Outlook is one of the best windows applications that Microsoft offers with MS Office suite. Using Outlook users can easily configure their IMAP, POP3 and Exchange accounts. It works smartly and provides the best results for sending/receiving emails. Also, with emailing job Outlook also saves the user’s profile data locally as a backup. To store a user’s mailbox data Outlook uses PST files. These files work best for storing a large amount of data.
But in some cases, users of Outlook becomes unable to access PST files and face corruption error like: Outlook.PST is not a Personal Folder file. This error message indicates that Outlook is unable to load or read PST files.
Also Read:- How to Export Outlook Email to MSG File from PST?
Reasons for Outlook.PST is not a Personal Folder file Error
A number of reasons can obtain this corruption error in MS Outlook application, some of them are:-
- Connection problem with Server
- Virus or Malware Attack
- Changes in location of PST files
- Accidental deletion of PST files
- Corrupt PST files
Any one of these and several other reasons can obtain PST is not a Personal Folder file corruption problem in Outlook. Now to fix this error simply use methods mentioned below.
Methods to Resolve Outlook.PST is not a Personal Folder file Error
Corrupt PST files are the main reason and several reasons can make the PST files inaccessible in Outlook. Both manual and automated methods for resolving corruption errors are available. Below we have mentioned them with their working process:-
Method 1:- Manually Repair PST files with ScanPST.exe (Inbox Repair Tool)
ScanPST.exe is a free utility that comes with Outlook application to resolve minor corruption errors from corrupt PST files. Users can this tool to check corruption errors from PST and resolve them easily.
- Start Inbox Repair Tool, add corrupt PST files by clicking the Browse button, and the hit the Start button.
- Now inbox repair tool will check problems from PST file with scanning process.
- After scanning completion simply press the Repair button and repair PST files easily.
Method 2:- Automated Solution to Repair Corrupt Outlook PST files
In most cases, manual methods don’t provide results according to users requirements. For them, the best method is using an automated solution to repair PST files.
The utility that will provide you 100% guaranteed results in repairing PST files is eSoftTools Outlook Recovery Software. Using this most amazing program any user can smartly repair corrupt PST files to resolve all corruption errors from Outlook. It recovers the entire user’s profile data from corrupt PST and saves them to new PST files. In addition to PST, it also offers various other file types to save the recovered data of PST files.
Steps to Repair Corrupt PST files using Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- Firstly, download eSoftTools Outlook Recovery Software on your computer.
- Hit the “Select PST” button from software’s first screen.
- From new opened window choose a conversion mode : “single file conversion” or “bulk file conversion“. Then hit the Next button.
- Add corrupt or inaccessible PST files in the software and press the Start Scanning button to resolve corruption error from it.
- Extract all data from PST files and make selection of required folders and press Save PST button.
- Next, select the Export to PST radio button from conversion options list.
- Use Mail filter option to filter required mails by date and choose a destination path to save output files.
- Finally, hit on Convert and start export data from corrupt PST to New working PST files.
After completion of PST file repairing process using manual or automated methods user will get a new readable PST file. Now simply import these files directly to Outlook application and use it with getting “PST is not a Personal Folder file” error.
Mostly the reason behind corruption in Outlook error “PST is not a Personal Folder file” is corrupt PST files. Users can simply resolve this error by taking the help of the above-mentioned techniques. In case if the free manual does’nt work in your case. Then you must go with the automated eSoftTools Outlook Recovery Tool. Before purchasing its paid licence, all users can also check all its features for free with its demo edition.