Last updated on November 11th, 2020 at 11:14 am
If a server crash or any other type of error enters in Exchange Server as a result it makes the Exchange Mailbox disconnected. At this time the user has only an EDB file as a database copy of Exchange Server. This data file has all the information of admin or user of MS Exchange. Now the question is how we can restore all mailbox items of EDB file. If you are also facing the same problem, then in this article, you will understand the solution that can help you to Restore the Disconnected Mailbox Exchange 2010.
How to Restore Disconnected Mailbox Exchange 2010 Manually?
Step 1- Verify the deleted mailbox retention
- Launch Open the Exchange Management Console
- Open Microsoft Exchange On premises in the navigation panel
- Open expand organization configuration
- Select the mailbox
- Select the database management tab in the mailbox pane
- Go to the mailbox database and verify it by using the right-click method.
- Visit properties tab press the limits tab now
- Now, delete the settings and adjust it as required.
Once you have verified the deleted mailbox’s retention policy, you will understand that deleted mailboxes will remain open for a certain default period. Now, you can have a look at a list of disconnected mailboxes.
Step 2: Select disconnected mailboxes
- Now, open Microsoft Exchange On-Premises available under EMC.
- Open the recipient configuration.
- Now, select disconnected mailboxes.
There are chances that you might not see the disconnected mailbox under this tab. The deleted mailbox will not appear till Exchange dispels the database.
Step 3- Clear the mailbox database
- Now, start and write Exchange Management Shell
- Right-click on Exchange management shell and hit run as an administrator tab
- Type command Get-Mailboxdatabase | Clean-MailboxDatabase
Step 4- Reconnect the mailbox and verify it
- Open the Exchange Management Shell
- Now, type the command and press Enter then type command
Connect-Mailbox -Identity “username” -Database “Mailbox Database” -User “username”.
- Go to the Exchange Management Console
- Click on Recipient Configuration
- Refresh available disconnected mailbox
- Select the mailbox tab available under recipient configuration
- Double Click on the restored mailbox
- Verify the alias seen under the general tab
- Have a view of the SMTP address available with the email address tab.
If you have performed all the steps correctly, go to Outlook and verify whether it is working or not.
Most Recommended tool to Restore Mailbox Exchange 2010
The manual method is subject to various limitations and also it is complex and time-consuming. Hence, to get back the lost items of the disconnected mailbox of Exchange 2010 users have to try a method that makes this recovery with ease. eSoftTools Exchange Server Database Recovery Software can be the perfect program to do this process. With the aid of this program, users get the power of making recovery and conversion of both priv1.edb and pub1.edb files.
How to Restore Mailbox Exchange 2010
- Open the eSoftTools Exchange EDB Recovery Software on your machine.
- Click on Add file button to select the EDB file.
- Now the software will give you two options to get your EDB file.
2) Search EDB file
Select any one option and after that select the Exchange EDB file version and then click Next. and the software will automatically repair the corrupt file.
- Now load all mailbox items from of corrupt EDB file and choose required or entire database items.
- Click Export file button from the toolbar.
A new window will open with multiple file format options including- Outlook PST file, MSG, EML, HTML, EMLX.
Select Outlook PST file option or tick Split PST if you want to
- Select the destination path to save the resulted file and click on Start Export to begin the conversion
After completing the restoring and conversion task of EDB file to PST, the software will show you a “save successfully” dialog simply click OK to exit from that window.
Before going with any manual method to restore the disconnecting mailbox of Exchange 2010 you have to think about your important database. There is no surety of completing the accurate recovery. Because sometimes the manual method creates data loss error. So trying a third this direct Method of eSoftTools will be a perfect option for each user. It provides a free trial version facility to understand the functionality of the software. After satisfied with its features users get the paid version to make a fast, accurate, and recovery process of disconnected Exchange mailboxes.