Outlook has a lot of useful features and is very stable when it comes to saving and securing mailbox data. However, some bugs and issues in MS Outlook arise from time to time. One of them is the “Outlook is sending multiple emails with Attachments” error. As a result, multiple duplicate emails with attachments are kept in the recipient’s Inbox, Sent Items folder, and Outbox folder of Outlook, which is a rather frustrating situation. In this blog, you can learn about the causes of the Outlook error and how to repair it. Go through the entire blog to find your solution and quickly fix it.
The best solution to fix Outlook is sending multiple emails with attachments error is delete and recreate the Outlook data file. For this user can try this eSoftTools Outlook Recovery tool.
Possible Reasons for the error “Outlook is sending multiple emails with attachments”
Users can face this problem in Outlook for a variety of reasons:-
- Anti-virus software that works with Microsoft Outlook
- Interval Between Send/Receive Connections is Short
- Because of a server timeout
How to fix Outlook is sending multiple emails with attachments error?
There are many methods that a user can take to solve the problem of Outlook sending multiple copies of the same email. Users can try these methods one by one to fix this problem.
Method 1: Disable Integrated Anti-Virus.
It is recommended to close the anti-virus if you are facing “Outlook is sending several copies of email with attachments”. Since it does not trigger any issues and actually improves Outlook’s results. After that, a user should send the message; if it does not produce duplicates, it means the issue is caused primarily by anti-virus software.
Method 2:- Increase time interval between sending and receiving emails.
When the email you’re sending takes a long time to upload and your send/receive interval is too short, the next send/receive interval can begin before the email is sent. This creates a backlog, resulting in duplicates as messages that could not be sent in the Outbox are resubmitted over and over.
By following the steps below, you will increase the time interval:-
- Open MS Outlook Go to Tool tab >> Send/Receive option >> click on send/receive setting >> choose “Define Send/Receive Group” option.
- A new window will now appear on your screen name as “Send/Receive Group”.
- In the dialogue box, you will that the option Schedule an automatic send/receive every has a default value.
- Adjust the time interval from Schedule an automatic send/receive every option.
Note: It is often best not to set the timer for less than 5 minutes. Set it for more than 10 minutes if you have multiple accounts.
Method 3:- Increase Server Timeout
Both IMAP and POP3 accounts use server timeouts, with a minimum timeout of 1 minute for IMAP and POP3 accounts. It’s always a good idea to extend your timeout to at least 2-3 minutes. Also, make sure your server timeout isn’t longer than 3 minutes. To increase server timeout in your system, follow these simple steps:-
- Launch Outlook, Navigate to the File menu >> Account Setting>> In the Email Tab, double-click on the Double click on your IMAP/POP3 account.
- You’ll see the email account configuration box after choosing Mailbox. Now choose More Setting>> Select the Advanced tab.
- Go to the Server Timeout section and increase the time by dragging the slider, then click OK.
Emails are often essential in maintaining work continuity. However, there are times when Outlook sends multiple emails at the same time, which can be inconvenient for users. We addressed the problem and how to solve it in the above article. If you succeed, you will undoubtedly be able to solve the problem of Outlook Sending Multiple Emails with Attachments. If the problem persists, removing the old one and generate a new Outlook profile to fix this problem. But before doing this make a full backup of the Outlook data file by using eSoftTools Outlook PST/OST Converter Software.