Using free or open-source email clients is not good for organizations it can limit or harm their bussiness. To make data secure and perform emailing process with complete safety users requires to switch from Thunderbird to Lotus Notes. It is possible if a user Export Mail Folders from Thunderbird to Lotus Notes.
So, today we will talk about How to Export Mail Folders from Thunderbird to Lotus Notes? Let’s start
Mainly user uses mail clients like- Thunderbird or any other application for making free emailing process. But for an organization, Thunderbird is not the right choice. Thunderbird can do various tasks but it is unable to provide security features that large organizations needs. So, to get more security features users require to migrate from Thunderbird to Lotus Notes. Below mentioned are some of the user’s queries that you can read to understand the same situation.
“For the past couple years, I was using Thunderbird email client application for accessing my corporate email account. My workplace is currently migrating to IBM Lotus Notes, so I need to transfer my emails from Thunderbird to Lotus Notes. Is there a way available to Export Mail Folders from Thunderbird to Lotus Notes? Please assist me!!!”
How to Export Mail Folders from Thunderbird to Lotus Notes?
Thunderbird saves all of the user’s mail folders in an MBOX file. This is the most used file format, that works on more than 20 email clients. However, Lotus Notes doesn’t support this file type. Similar to MBOX file of Thunderbird, IBM Notes NSF file format to save the entire mail folders and others. As a result, we can say that importing Thunderbird mail directly into Lotus Notes is not possible.
So, the solution that is available for users is relying on third-party software? Users can try automated software to convert MBOX to NSF files and can easily export Thunderbird to Lotus Notes.
Best Solution to Move Thunderbird Mail Folders to Lotus Notes NSF
There is no direct option available in IBM Lotus Notes from importing MBOX or thunderbird emails. As a result, users have to try a specialised software for doing the task of Exporting Mail Folders from Thunderbird to Lotus Notes. You can do this process easily using the advanced solution called eSoftTools Thunderbird Converter Software. It supports autoloading Thunderbird profile and provides the facility to transfer entire thunderbird mail folders directly to Lotus Notes NSF files.
Step 1:- Export Mail Folders from Thunderbird to Lotus Notes NSF file:-
- Install and run the Thunderbird Converter Software and from first screen click on Add File/folder button from menu.
- From next window, choose an option for thunderbird file selection:-
- Select MBOX File:- To select a single MBOX file manully.
- Select MBOX Folder:- Make selection of MBOX folder to add multiple MBOX files in the software
- Auto-Load Thunderbird Profile:- In one cllick load the mail folders of Thunderbird account.
- After making file or folder selection of thunderbird click on Next.
- Start scanning process to load all mail folders and select required folders.
- After folder selection hit on Convert MBOX button and from next screen select NSF radio button.
- Choose a location to save resultant files and start the conversion by pressing the Convert button.
Step 2:- Import NSF file in Lotus Notes
- Open IBM Notes application on your local computer.
- Select File >> Import… from the menu.
- Locate and select the NSF file(generated from Thunderbird MBOX Converter) and click on Import.
- A dialogue box Structured Text Import will appears. From this window apply required settings, and click the OK button.
There might be a variety of reasons for Thunderbird to Lotus Notes migration. But users may experience different problems in doing this. So, In this article, we have described the complete steps that users can follow to export Mail folders of Thunderbird to Lotus Notes. Now, the user just needs to use the Thunderbird Converter which is simple to use, rapid, and capable of doing the conversion without data loss.