Last updated on November 17th, 2021 at 10:55 am
Are you looking for a quick way to import Outlook OST files into the Apple Mail client?” If your answer is yes, then this is the correct spot where you get your solution. In this write up we are going to describe the simple and effective way to rapidly transfer offline OST files to Mac/Apple Mail.
Users who use Outlook with Exchange and IMAP accounts will be familiar with “Offline OST files”. These files are a local copy of a mailbox that is available on the server. OST files allow users to access emails and other items with MS Outlook while they have no stable internet connection.
There are various benefits of OST files in Outlook, However, some people come in a situation where they require importing OST files into Apple Mail client. Because the OST file requires a connection with Exchange or IMAP Server, it is difficult to transfer these files in a workable form to another email client.
As a result, users face difficulty and search for an easy method to import Outlook OST files into Mac Mail. In the next section of this blog post, we will talk about the best solutions for this.
Also Read:- How to Import Outlook OST file in eM Client?
Smart Solution to Import Outlook OST Files to Apple Mail
Most users need to import Outlook OST to Apple Mail without wasting their valuable time. For those users, the suggestion is Convert OST to Apple Mail supported MBOX and EMLX files. Here is the automated solution is known as eSoftTools OST Converter Software. It supports Converting OST files in bulk to MBOX, EMLX and various other file types. The resultant EMLX and MBOX files will work in a number of email applications, including Apple Mail, Thunderbird, and many others. Also, it has a clear user interface, allowing non-technical users to operate it without difficulty.
To perform the process of Importing OST file to Apple Mail follow the below-mentioned steps:-
Step 1:- Convert OST to MBOX & EMLX files Using OST Converter
- Download and run the OST Converter on your windows computer
- From the first screen click the Select OST Button for adding OST file in the software.
- Select a conversion mode from the option single conversion or batch files conversion.
- Browse and select OST files from its location and start the scanning process.
- Software will extract and load all OST mailboxes items get a preview of all folders and items from OST file
- Select the needed folders-sub folders from OST file and hit the save OST button.
- Now choose the EMLX and MBOX file option from the list of conversion options.
- Next hit on Browse to select location where you want save the resulting files.
- In the final step, simply click the Convert button and start the process of transferring OST emails to EMLX or MBOX files.
Step 2:- Import MBOX File Into Mac Apple Mail
After successfully exporting data offline OST to MBOX format, copy the resultant files from your Windows to Mac OS computer using an external device/drive and follow the procedures below:-
- First, launch Mac Apple Mail on your computer.
- After that, hit on “File” and then “Import Mailboxes” option.
- Next, select the option “MBOX format” and then click Continue.
- Finally, from the next window, pick your MBOX files and click Continue, to import all OST emails in Apple Mail.
Users wish to transfer OST file data to Apple Mail, but they don’t know how to do it directly. As a result, many people are looking for the best solution for the query: how to import Outlook OST to Apple Mail? They may effortlessly export their mailboxes from Offline OST files to Apple Mail by applying the above-mentioned process. Above, we have used an OST to MBOX converter for importing data without causing any data loss. To check its functionalities users can download and try its demo edition for free.