Owing to personal or official reasons, you might need to turn from one email client to another at times. There are several email clients on the market, as well as the ability to migrate from one to another. If you’re one of the users looking for a simple way to convert MBOX to NSF files of Lotus Notes, you’ve come to the right place. We will introduce the best tool in this article, which efficiently Converts MBOX mailbox data to IBM Lotus Notes.
MBOX & NSF: A General Overview
Before going any further, it’s important to understand the MBOX and NSF file formats. It will aid in your comprehension of the conversion process.
MBOX is a file extension that stores all of an email client’s mailbox data in a single file. A single MBOX file contains numerous email messages as well as complete data objects. Multiple email clients, including Mozilla Thunderbird, Eudora, Mac Mail or Apple Mail, Entourage, Spice Bird, and others, support this file format.
NSF, on the other hand, is the file extension of IBM Lotus Notes email client. It allows users to save emails, calendars, contacts, notes, and to-do lists, among other things.
To make your MBOX files accessible in IBM Lotus Notes, you must convert MBOX to NSF file format.
Why it is needed to convert MBOX to NSF file?
However, there are a number of circumstances that cause users to reconsider and migrate from MBOX-compatible email clients to IBM Lotus Notes. The following are some of the most important reasons: –
- Users in organizations must save critical passwords, important emails, attachment files, calendar entries, contacts, and much more in a secure manner. Users must use a safe and protected email client, such as IBM Lotus Notes, to avoid unauthorized access. It is well-known for its high level of security.
- Lotus Notes allows you to share information and access databases through the entire company. It means the data of Lotus Notes will also be stored on the Domino server. Any issues with the user’s desktop would have little effect on the database. On the other hand, the MBOX-supported email clients like- THunderbird would lose all of their data in such situations because the mailbox is stored locally.
- Other features that distinguish Lotus Notes from Thunderbird include reliability, customizability, and collaboration features. It has all of the features that a large corporation might desire.
Most Effective Method to Convert MBOX to NSF files.
Before we begin, please be aware that there is no manual process for MBOX to NSF conversion. IBM Notes doesn’t have any features to import MBOX file. It means the eSoftTools MBOX to NSF Converter Software is the only option available. This conversion tool can convert several MBOX files into IBM Notes NSF format while maintaining all of the metadata in the mailbox.
The tool is compatible with all versions of Windows, including Win-10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, and others. It allows for a full migration in just a few steps.
How to Convert MBOX to NSF files in Simple Steps?
- Download and install MBOX to NSF Converter on your Windows system.
- Launch the tool and click on Add file/Folders button.
- Now from the opened window choose any one option- Select File or Select Folders to add MBOX file or folder. After this click on Next.
- Before the conversion of MBOX files preview all emails and attachments. And from the left side of the software, select the appropriate MBOX email folder and click the Convert MBOX button.
- From the Select Conversion Option, select NSF option, select a destination path for the converted file and click the Convert button and begin the conversion.
- The migration from MBOX to IBM Notes has begun. The conversion will only take a few minutes to complete.
We outlined the entire process of converting MBOX to Lotus Notes using the eSoftTools MBOX to NSF Converter program in the preceding article. The software allows you to convert multiple MBOX files to IBM Notes NSF files without losing any data. You can convert 25 emails from each folder of MBOX files to Lotus Notes NSF in the Free Demo Version.